CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 09-15-2005, 06:21 AM   #21
Adam Burella

Profile:
Thanks for the advice guys.

Chris: Do you do rotate the 4 'days' you have there or do them all every ME day?

Coach Rut: Just curious about a few things:

1) What kind of rest between sets is best? I know a lot of people go with short rests like 45-60 seconds because of the nature of crossfit. For absolute strength a lot of people use 3-5 minutes.

2) Why no standing press? I'm kind of suprised to see the DB incline press there.

3) Why no pulling movement (I don't think cleans count)? ie. weighted pullups or rows?

4) Just to make sure I'm with you, you do total, lower and upper body every ME day, right?

Thanks again!

Adam
Old 09-15-2005, 08:23 AM   #22
Chris Forbis

Profile:
I rotate the 4 'days'. It's not a precise version of Coach Rut's, but the same idea applied to a smaller pool of exercises with rep schemes as seen in some WODs.

Also, Coach Rut's program cycles through, only hitting one (total, upper, and lower) on each ME day.

I'll agree with Coach Rut and highly recommend the Performance Menu issue where he breaks this down (the entire subscription is well worth the cost also). Also try searching the forum for it (ME Black Box).
Old 09-15-2005, 09:56 AM   #23
Adam Burella

Profile:
Chris: Are you sure Coach Rut's program cycles through? He said week 1, week 2, week 3. If you changed reps the next time you got back to total body it would be almost 2 weeks before changing reps.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:00 PM   #24
Chris Forbis

Profile:
I'm just going by memory. But I'm pretty confident. Long story short, see the April PM issue.

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/21/10880.html
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/24/10669.html
Old 09-15-2005, 07:14 PM   #25
Michael Rutherford

Profile:
Adam-

Coach Rut: Just curious about a few things:

1) What kind of rest between sets is best? I know a lot of people go with short rests like 45-60 seconds because of the nature of crossfit. For absolute strength a lot of people use 3-5 minutes. A:2-5 Ave: 3:00

2) Why no standing press? I'm kind of suprised to see the DB incline press there. A: I have some athletes who are tested on Bench. Suit yourself. Standing press is outstanding unless your name is James.

3) Why no pulling movement (I don't think cleans count)? ie. weighted pullups or rows? A: ME Pull-ups on the "U" day are okay. I would do them with an alternate grip to your CrossFit workouts however.

4) Just to make sure I'm with you, you do total, lower and upper body every ME day, right? A: No. As Chris mentioned only perform either a T/L/U on a ME day not all three. You'll crash unless you have a good pharmacy.

5. Purchase that issue.

Enjoy