CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 04-24-2014, 03:43 PM   #21
Abeli Shengelia

Profile:
Re: increasing strength endurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bruce View Post
Did you read the plan I just posted ?

What happened to increasing your pull ups/pushups/ disps?

You don't need to worry about your HR for this purpose.

Anyway, you're all over the place. Focus on one or two things and spend a lot of time doing it.
You'll grow.
i rad it,my goal is to improve endurance in this exercises.Your programm is oposite of everything what i rad from articles,acccording to them to improve strength or muscular endurance you need to do high sets,low reps and short rest period...
There are strict training programs for each activity,i think there cannot be different training programs to achieve same goal.im confused..
Old 04-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #22
Larry Bruce

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeli Shengelia View Post
i rad it,my goal is to improve endurance in this exercises.Your programm is oposite of everything what i rad from articles,acccording to them to improve strength or muscular endurance you need to do high sets,low reps and short rest period...
There are strict training programs for each activity,i think there cannot be different training programs to achieve same goal.im confused..

Actually low reps won't build endurance. I could do 66 pull ups in sets of 22 sets of 3. It doesn't get me gassed out. Yes, you can gradually add a rep to that. It's very slow work. Doing reps that way will build neural strength but won't do a lot for building up ability to process lactate and increase muscle fiber volume. My approach would do all that.

You can also grease the groove. It's a volume approach.

Just pick and approach and work it for a 2-3 months. You can always try another way afterwards.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #23
Abeli Shengelia

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bruce View Post
Actually low reps won't build endurance. I could do 66 pull ups in sets of 22 sets of 3. It doesn't get me gassed out. Yes, you can gradually add a rep to that. It's very slow work. Doing reps that way will build neural strength but won't do a lot for building up ability to process lactate and increase muscle fiber volume. My approach would do all that.

You can also grease the groove. It's a volume approach.

Just pick and approach and work it for a 2-3 months. You can always try another way afterwards.
you said some important word "lactate",so it means i should train anaerobic lactate system to improve number of reps in 1 set of pullups?
i was doing some researches on anaerobic lactate system training(runners) and it includes 30-180sec rep,high intensity,rest period 30-180 sec and 1-4 sets.May this work with pull ups,dips,pushups?im not sure only about rep time in pullups,my max is 20 pullups and im doing it in less than 30sec...
Your program is different cause of intensity..im confused

Last edited by Abeli Shengelia : 04-24-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:00 AM   #24
Larry Bruce

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeli Shengelia View Post
you said some important word "lactate",so it means i should train anaerobic lactate system to improve number of reps in 1 set of pullups?
i was doing some researches on anaerobic lactate system training(runners) and it includes 30-180sec rep,high intensity,rest period 30-180 sec and 1-4 sets.May this work with pull ups,dips,pushups?im not sure only about rep time in pullups,my max is 20 pullups and im doing it in less than 30sec...
Your program is different cause of intensity..im confused
The issue with weight or bodyweight training and lactate is that blood flow is constricted compared to steady-state like running. Also less total is produced due to the size of the muscles. The same clearance doesn't occur to the same extent it does during running or even swimming - local buildup may be more of an issue. But yes you will be creating, and using lactate to some degree, during 30 second or longer sets.

However, the body uses all energy systems at once, aerobic and anaerobic for any significant amount of heavy exercise. You can't use just one or train one! My plan trains all and also provides built in recovery where the over-compensation and gains actually occur.

Anyway, there are many approaches. You are over-analyzing. Spend some time working with an approach and see how you respond. And the most important factor is keeping it up long enough to see some results. That should be within a month.

That's all I have to say. Good luck training!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:54 AM   #25
Abeli Shengelia

Profile:

thanks,man!after my researches, most articles had the same approaches for training anaerobic lactate system: 3:1 rest period (ex. 30s rep,90s rest);rep should last 30s+;sets should be as much as you can do with normal intensity and 30sec+ rep time,its about 5 sets in my case.