CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #1
Steve Agocs

Profile:
Renting your facility out

I am a Fascial Movement Taping instructor sponsored by Rock Tape, which has a strong relationship with CrossFit. My students in Kansas City have been very interested in a local FMT Level 1 and Level 2 seminar, which I am in the planning stages for. I did some of my FMT training at a powerlifting/CrossFit gym in Arizona and the space was nice. Because of the crossover with CrossFit and Rock Tape, I was thinking about approaching the local affiliates about using their space for the seminar, but I was curious about what to expect in terms of charges I would incur...

The downside is that these are 12-hour seminars, so that would be 8-5 on Saturday and 8-noon on Sunday. The one I'm planning would be for licensed professionals or students who are in programs, not for laypeople. So, that's a big chunk of time and I know most affiliates run classes on Saturdays, not so much on Sundays.

On the plus side for the affiliate, it's a lot of traffic into their box which could be nice business promotion for them, but if they had to cancel classes they would obviously want to offset that with some income.

Anyway, just wanted to hear your thoughts on the matter if you are a box owner. Thanks in advance!

PS: I would naturally go straight to my own box, but it is a shared space with a an Olympic lifting club and a pole vaulting gym, so they are BUSY on Saturdays and it's too many different people trying to coordinate, so I ironically can't approach my own trainers about doing this event there.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
Joey Harper

Profile:
Re: Renting your facility out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Agocs View Post
it is a shared space with a an Olympic lifting club and a pole vaulting gym
Sorry can't really speak towards your question. My box runs an intro class, a team wod, and open gym on Saturdays. I'm not sure what their willingness to cancel those events would be.

But I am curious where you are talking about. Are you referring to this place?

http://www.xtremeathleticskc.com/

If not where? Thanks for any info.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Joey Harper

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Harper View Post
Sorry can't really speak towards your question. My box runs an intro class, a team wod, and open gym on Saturdays. I'm not sure what their willingness to cancel those events would be.

But I am curious where you are talking about. Are you referring to this place?

http://www.xtremeathleticskc.com/

If not where? Thanks for any info.
Too late to edit blah blah blah... link is WFS
Old 03-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
Steve Agocs

Profile:

Yep, that is my home box. As unlikely as I thought it would be to hold some seminars/clinics there it looks like we will be able to work it out after all, so that's cool! CrossFit I-35 is the name of the box.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
Bryan Hood

Profile:

Come on down to Nixa. We've got room for your seminar. We have 9 boxes in the southwest Mo area, currently and more popping up in the next couple of months. We just hosted the CF Endurance Trainer Course this past weekend. We've got room and we only run a couple classes on Saturday morning that we could cancel for more knowledge. As you also probably know, Springfield is a HUGE area for medical practices.
bryan@crossfitoftheozarks.com