CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-04-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
Jason Lin

Profile:
Jason's SS-IF-Paleo-Blah-Blah-Blah Log

Okay, an inauspicious start to the log since I neither IF nor ate Paleo today BUT I did lift some! So there!

Squat: 5 X 3 @ 180
Bench: 5 X 3 @ 135
Dead: 5 X 1 @ 235

Bodyweight has been stuck around the low 140's for a few weeks now and it's getting a little frustrating so I am probably going to start getting really INTERMITTENT with the fasting. As for the non paleo part, well, I ate an Einstein's power bagel this morning (with as much fatty cream cheese as they would give me) and, yes, I know carbs are bad and that bagel will probably give me some horrible disease tomorrow but, man, they taste good and besides ... they make good fuel for squatting.

On a side note, today's workout felt incredibly easy - this in spite of the fact that I slept badly last night, ate crap this morning, and needed 5 cups of coffee, a can of red bull, and a taser to get me under the bar AND this is my fourth SS workouts this week.

So I guess the moral of the day is: recovery, schmcovery!!!!

"I want to ask someday, 'Who are those amazing athletes?' to which the answer comes, 'The new resters'." Coach, CFJ 29
Old 07-06-2008, 05:19 AM   #2
Jason Lin

Profile:
Re: Jason's SS-IF-Paleo-Blah-Blah-Blah Log

July 5th, Saturday

15 hour fast. Broke fast around 10am with a delicious Paleo Pancake:

(Recipe courtesy of Performance Menu)
2 large eggs, 1/2c Unsweeten Apple Sauce, 1/2c Almond Butter (about 7-8 tbsp), 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla extra. Mix to form batter. Cook and Devour.

Roughly this comes out to 959 calories, 74g fat, 37g carb, 41g protein and I ate it with a side of 3 eggs fried in coconut oil ... Ah, God bless those guys at PM. Those guys don't mess around when it comes to their fat blocks.

The rest of day were filled with the usual Paleo stuff: more eggs, nuts, leftover rotisserie chicken, vegetables, etc. etc. However, I did end the day with another fat bomb from PM - Coconut Ice Cream. Calories for that come out to around 520, 40g fat, 30g carb, 4g protein.

All in all, I took in around 4000 calories yesterday according to Fitday. So this is what it is like if I don't have to work and can devote my whole day to eating! By the way, if my weight does not move up tomorrow, I am going to take the scale out back and shoot it.

Last edited by Jason Lin : 07-06-2008 at 05:30 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
Jason Lin

Profile:

7/6

Rest.
14 hour fast.
Highlight of my day: eating 1lb of BBQ Pork Ribs in one go.

7/7

No Fast. No Paleo. Continuing my routine of powerbagel and cream cheese before squatting. Anything to squat heavier! Bodyweight: 145

Squat: 5 X 3 @ 185
Press: 5 X 3 @ 87.5
Powerclean: 5 X 3 @ beating myself up with a barbell

Highlight of the day: Smacking myself in the chin with a barbell while powercleaning. Nothing like giving yourself a concussion Monday morning before work. Tyler Durden would have been proud.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
Jason Lin

Profile:

7/10

Squat: 5 X 3 @ 190
Bench Press: 5 X 3 @ 137.5
Deadlift: 5 x 3 @ 250

I finally bothered to videotape my squat today and discovered that strangely my knees have almost no forward travel at all (shin completely vertical even at the bottom of the hole). Odd. I know Rip wrote about not letting your knees go too far forward in the book but I don't remember if he wrote about what happens if you do not let knees go forward at all. I'm guessing it takes the quad completely out of the lift ... Perhaps I need to narrow my stance a bit next time.

Bench was strong today. However, by the time I got to the deadlift I was spent and consequently shook and quivered my way through 5 reps @ 250 like it was 450lbs.

Bodyweight: 150 (bagel weight ... mmm ... bagel)