CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
Greg Light

Profile:
Re: Shirts?

I personally like the Gildan SoftStyle. They are a 65/35 blend. If anyone knows where to get a good deal on a large quantity of them, please let me know.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #12
Brian Smith brianisrighthere

Profile:

I second the Next Level shirts. Specifically the #6010 tri-blend tee.

We primarily print on those for our shirts at LVL1 APPAREL. I've washed a few of mine over 30 times, and they don't shrink or sag at all.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:11 PM   #13
Chris Jones

Profile:

My favorites are the AA 50/50 and the Next Level tri-blend. Both fit true to size and fit me well at 6' 195, and neither shrink enough to tell a difference.

I am not a fan of the AA tri-blend however, because of the cut. They seem to fit a tad snugger through the chest and arms, but they hang really oddly around the stomach, almost have a flowering out shape as they get to the bottom of the shirt.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #14
Jeremy Lockhart

Profile:

The Next Levels are probably my favorite shirt of all the various styles. Does anyone know if they're available for purchase in quantity from the general public?
Old 11-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #15
Ralphie_Martinez

Profile:

we had our last gym shirts printed and the shop brought the Next level brand to our attention, couldn't be more happy with our choice. we ran a spartan race a few weeks ago in them and it help up well, wash after wash nothing is fading either which the shop noticed as they used this tee with a few personal items and also love it.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:35 AM   #16
Chris Aitken

Profile:

We 2nd custom ink. They have sizing charts on the website, and we haven't had anyone complain of shrinking shirts.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:04 AM   #17
David Storm

Profile:

Next Levelů.we just got in the tri blend hoddies and they are selling like hot cakes. http://instagram.com/p/vHdNBHm1dV/
Old 11-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #18
Jesse Gray

Profile:

Hanes, Gildan, Next Level, American Apparel and dozens of others all make good shirts. If shrinkage is the issue you're having, the problem probably isn't the manufacturer, it's the type of shirt and the way you're washing it. If you are buying 100% cotton shirts and washing them in hot water, they're going to shrink. So, if all cotton is what you want, wash them on a medium or cold cycle and they should be fine, also, make sure they are pre-shrunk cotton. If you want to go with a blended tee, shrinkage will be less of an issue no matter how you wash them.

Personally, I really like high quality, all cotton tees. Get the lightest weight material you can find (thick cotton tees are awful to sweat in) and find a manufacturer with a good, soft weave. The bonus of good cotton is it will remain soft longer than a blend and they don't harbor bacteria like blends do so they will smell better in the long run.

Poly blend tees are great because they tend to be lighter weight, don't absurd as much moisture and are relatively shrink proof. You also get those cool, heather colors that people like.

I recommend making small runs of tees, almost totally pre-ordered for your members and a few extras for drop ins. When you run out, try another run on another type of tee and compare. With a small run they will move quickly and if they suck, it won't be that big of a hit to just sell them at cost or give them away as promotional items.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #19
Andy Lai

Profile:

We've used American Apparel, Hylete, and Next Level with great success. Hanes shirts are horrible material. The brands I mentioned are much more comfortable and premium feeling.