CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-07-2010, 01:30 AM   #1
Gillian Steele

Profile:
Gillian's Training Log

Hi Guys

I've been training at Crossfit Norwest, Australia for around 3 months, I was previously training at another box, and changed to Norwest for better coaching, and improvements in my skills, lifts and nutritions. Here's my workout log. Love to read your comments!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:31 AM   #2
Gillian Steele

Profile:
Re: Gillian's Training Log

WOD - 18th June
Complete as many rounds in 12 minutes as you can of:
20/10kg Weighted pull-up, 3 reps
Sprint 50 meters (25m shuttle)
3 Ring handstand push-ups

This is my first WOD at Crossfit Norwest. Awesome session, thank you to Rob and Kez for introducing my doing the band pullups definately different to doing box pull ups, which is what I'm used, but I was happy to start progressing, awesome feeling!!

Plus so stoked I got out 1 double under today - which I have never been able to do! Rob you work quick haha!!

Til next time
Old 08-07-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD - 19th June
3 rounds for time of:
Walking lunge, 30m
50 Squats
25 supermans

Time: 13.30

First time for me doing walking lunges and supermans for me, so its always good to experience something new. Legs are killing me now such bad DOMS right now though- think its time for a epsom salt bath and massage. Rest day tomorrow then back into it for Monday!!

Plus I stayed for the intro session and did fight gone bad - which was just so hard- so much different to what I'm used too. Especially with the all motivation to keep going. Thanks Guys

Had to sub wall balls after the first round due my shoulder acting up- so subbed with more squats!!!

Total: 229
Old 08-07-2010, 01:32 AM   #4
Gillian Steele

Profile:

Sunday 20th June

Supposed to be a rest day for me, my legs are still pretty sore from the squats done yesterday. I haven't been this sore since I actually started exercise, I believe its a good thing, if my body is experiencing new stimulus, which will equal different and new results for me.

I took it easy today and did a 6.7km walk round Nepean River, trying to get rid of the massive amounts of Lactic Acid that have a made a home in my legs. Time for a massage / physio release + epsom salt bath, and hopefully should be right for another Crossfit Session tomorrow!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:34 AM   #5
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD-21st June

Clean (squat) one rep every minute on the minute for 15 minutes.

Todays WOD was good- really enjoyed it- didn't go up in any weights- just stayed at 50kg for all 15 lifts. Started to feel my shoulder after the first 8 lifts, but still got through them okay. Thanks Rob for the correction in my technique - definately made the lift easier to do, next time I'll work on going up with my weight.

Finisher today was a good one- 21-15-9 : 60kg deadlifts and wall ball burpee pushups. Finished in 12:09, this finisher absolute wrecked me. But thanks to everyone who pushed me through and kept me going to the end.

I finally got out 2 double unders in a row, but kept jumping backwards almost slamming myself into the wall, so figured it was probably time to stop lol!

But I'm really happy to with the way I am progressing here Norwest, thank everyone who get me through those WODs everyday, and to Rob who's coaching is always motivating and really pushes me through the WODS
Old 08-07-2010, 01:35 AM   #6
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD- 23rd June

3 Rounds for time

15 Hang Power Cleans - 40kg
15 Burpees

Time: 9.49

Was really happy with the way I went through the WOD today - did all my burpees (chest to ground) unbroken, and was rewarded with a time of 9.49. Thanks to Chloe especially for pushing me through to the end and not letting me stop on all those burpees!

I can feel myself getting fitter and stronger every day I train out here at Norwest, this WOD made me think back to the recent BODY M open day at Erina where WOD 2 was 10 burpees and 5 ground to chest to overhead and in that WOD I only got 4 rounds, and now doing this WOD today I managed to get out more burpees and more cleans in shorter amount of time - so I'm really stoked!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #7
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD- 24th May

"Paul"

Five rounds for time of:
50 Double unders
35 Knees to elbows
85/50kg Overhead walk 10m

Subbed 50 double unders to 150 single skips, but still had 5-6 double under attemps every round and managed to get out 6 double unders in total- which is the most I have ever got, so really happy about that. 35 knees to elbows were definately really challenging for me, so basically did "knees to where every my knees would get to" lol, but really stoked that I finished the WOD within the time cap. Plus got the experience the overhead walk with weight for the first time, was really it actually felt alot better than I thought it would!

Plus doing my first ever WOD in my Five Fingers, actually felt pretty good, however my hands are different story, I have such torn skin absolute killer! But the best feeling ever!!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:37 AM   #8
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD - 26th June

For time:
50 Wall ball shots 10/5kg ball
10 Muscle-ups
40 Wall ball shots 10/5kg ball
8 Muscle-ups
30 Wall ball shots, 10/5kgball
6 Muscle-ups
20 Wall ball shots, 10/5kg ball
4 Muscle-ups
10 Wall ball shots, 10/5kgball
2 Muscle-ups

* muscle up subs are 2 pull ups 2 full range ring dips.

Also did some negatives to sub for normal pullups and did ring dips with the purple - with BOTH feet off the floor- they were just so hard, but just happy to get through them. Skin just kept tearing even with the tape- but bring it Crossfit Wounds!!

Rest day tomorrow and back into it Monday!

Time: 33.39
Old 08-07-2010, 01:37 AM   #9
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD- 28th June

WOD

For time:
30 Handstand push-ups
40 Pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 24/16kg
60 Sit-ups
70 Burpees

Subbed Handstand Pushups for strict press, and pull ups with the bands - thanks to Rob for helping me in and out of the bands.

Time: 26.11

Those burpees at the end were a killer - right at the end of the WOD, when sometimes you feel like you can't do anymore, you just have dig deep and pump them out - head down bum up kind of work, but I was happy I got through them- just keep thinking let the bodies hit the floor, get up, get down, let the bodies hit the floor. Good hard session bring it on!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:38 AM   #10
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD- 29th June

Front squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps

REST - No rest for me - did 3 rounds - 500m row, 50 double unders.

150 squats for time

Front Squats- 65kg- my 1RM is only 78.5kg -so I was pretty happy with that, that I could get out 15 reps at 65kg, next goal is to hit the 70's. Could have done more weight but was losing form on the 4th and 5th set, so just stayed with the weight, and tried to keep up proper form.

I haven't rowed in such a long time, that was such a killer - really want to get my split times back under 1.50 for 500m, and I was really happy that I got out 15 double unders tonight so stoked!

Thinking of a rest day tomorrow, but I'll see what the WOD is first, if its a good one, I'll veto the rest day for another day!