CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 06-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #11
Bryan Lara

Profile:
Re: CHEAP Bumpers-Any Good???

Paul,

The idea i had, well they did it! Is pretty cool because now there cheaper(money wise) and i have to say that prime communication between consumer and sellers.

Best regards,
Bryan

Last edited by Bryan Lara : 06-17-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #12
Samy Natour

Profile:
Exclamation Re: CHEAP Bumpers-Any Good???

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Powell View Post
Do you ship to Canada? Or do you have any dealers in Canada?

I was a little bit surprised concerning the price differential from kettlebell king and keystone. At the quoted price its almost triple the price of kettlebell king...

Last edited by Samy Natour : 06-21-2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #13
Paul Poterek

Profile:

John and Samy,
I'll work with Keystone to see if we can get the price down. Beyond the inherent import costs accrued when we ship to our Canadian partners they are probably not doing much business with our CF products thus don't order them with their regular inventory.
However, since there is an obvious demand I'll work with them to try and create a solution that will yield a lower cost.I know I can't get Stateside pricing but I'll do what I can.

Samy,since you're in London, you may try heading over to Michigan and picking some up from one of my intra-state dealers. Let me know if you're interested and I'll speak to my network partners.

In health,
Paul
Old 06-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #14
Samy Natour

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Poterek View Post
John and Samy,
I'll work with Keystone to see if we can get the price down. Beyond the inherent import costs accrued when we ship to our Canadian partners they are probably not doing much business with our CF products thus don't order them with their regular inventory.
However, since there is an obvious demand I'll work with them to try and create a solution that will yield a lower cost.I know I can't get Stateside pricing but I'll do what I can.

Samy,since you're in London, you may try heading over to Michigan and picking some up from one of my intra-state dealers. Let me know if you're interested and I'll speak to my network partners.

In health,
Paul
Thanks Paul. I hope my post didn't make it seem like I was putting them down, they were very helpful. But in that price range their are quite a few available options.

If you could speak of one of your dealers in Michigan I'd definetly be interested in that option. I sent you a PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #15
John Powell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Poterek View Post
John and Samy,

In health,
Paul
Cause Rogue Canada offers US pricing (albeit slightly higher than Troy) and free shipping on sets and Primal Athletes (which is Toronto CF) sells the Wright Rubber plates at a decent price.

Paul, let me know about any Buffalo dealers, that drive is manageable.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #16
Paul Poterek

Profile:

John,

I spoke with Keystone today regarding bumpers, kettles and bars. As a result we should have a better deal coming from them soon.

I'll also speak to Mike at Pacillo's in Buffalo first thing tommorow.

They're a great group to work with and they've been around over 30 years.

If I can't get the best deal for Canadians, you can't really go wrong with Rogue.

In health,
Paul
Old 06-22-2010, 07:29 AM   #17
Paul Poterek

Profile:

John,

Just talked to Mike Pacillo at Pacillo's in Buffalo and he offers some aggressive pricing on bumpers and kettles and keeps them in stock so no shipping costs.

Here is his reponse:
From: Michael Pacillo [mailto:michael.pacillo@pacillo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:06 AM
To: Paul Poterek
Subject: RE: Kettlebells and bumper plates

Paul,

The cost of your bumper's are $1.99/lb for the 25lb / 35lb / 45lb plates The cost of the kettlebell's are not sold by the pound. For example, our 35lb kettlebell is going for $54.99...where as most places sell them for about $2.00/lb. Please have anyone who is interested just call us at 800-223-5526 or e-mail us at pacillo@pacillo.com.

Thank you,
Mike
Pacillo's Fitness
Old 06-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #18
Paul Poterek

Profile:

Attached are some pics of our new, VTX series affordable, high-quality colored solid rubber bumpers. They're a great value and have a full 1 year commercial warranty.

We've also received our complete final drop tests results which I am pleased to say have exceeded the durability standard of our two closest competitors.

I am biased but these are the best colored bumpers you will find on the market for the dollar.

Offer:

The first two Texas Cross-Fit facilities to post an interest will receive a free pair of 45# colored bumper plates and a 35# kettle bell in exchange for a review of both.

Respondants must be able to pick up the plates and kettles at our Houston warehouse - 2516 Fairway Park Drive, Houston, TX 77092.

I apologize for the amateurish photo quality as I just took them here at the office.

In health,
Paul J. Poterek
paul.poterek@troybarbell.com
Old 06-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #19
Matt Woodward

Profile:  

We are interested in trying out the new bumpers!! www.woodwardcrossfit.com we are based out of Austin Texas
Old 06-24-2010, 11:38 AM   #20
Rick Jakious

Profile:

Hi Paul, any dealers in New England? Preferably Boston area.

Thanks much, Rick