CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 08-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #11
Tommer Vardi

Profile:
Re: CF Israel

I live in Kohav Yair (near kefar saba) and am always down for some training.

hit me up if your interested. I'm working on getting a ghetto box around my house - rings, tires, sand bags etc.

Tommer
Old 08-03-2009, 06:04 AM   #12
Noah Milstein

Profile:

Tommer,

I could drop by to Kokhav Ya'ir over the weekend but I'm in Ulpan all week and the busses stop running on Shabbat plus you're over an hour away on both route 2 and 6. I'm busy this weekend but I'd love to drop by for a WOD. I just got in a couple days ago and have had three consecutive zero's. Today will be my first WOD in Israel, unless I crash early. Either way I gotta reboot and readjust, not to mention find a suitable gym. U of Haifa's got one but I haven't checked it out yet (which I will do later) and it might not be sufficient.

-Noah
Old 08-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #13
Noah Milstein

Profile:

Truly in desperate need of a Haifa based crossfitter.

After arriving a few days ago and taking 4 consecutive zeroes I finally checked out the U of Haifa gym, which is so unbelievably horrible. Low ceilings, crotchety russian oleh with mini-euro-mullet running facility, sub-oly weight bars, limited number of bars, no erg/rower, no box/jumping platform, no kettlebells, wide head DB, med balls, no bumper plates, no rubber matting, very limited space, and standard big box dogma fare of split, isometric, bicep curl in window fixation/magazine reading on elliptical, bodybuilding, fitness-masturbation type atmosphere. Definitely the anti-crossfit. I felt totally unmotivated to even do a WOD today - which I did anyway obviously but performed very very poorly. Oy!

Eipho ha-crossfit chaverim sheli beHaifa? Where are my crossfit friends in Haifa? Ani zorech haCF chevre achshav! I need a CF friend STAT!

Oy, Noah

Last edited by Noah Milstein : 08-04-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #14
Sam Ser

Profile:

noah, eli, tommer --

let's get together some time and make up something to do on the beach, say, in tel aviv on a friday... late enough for me to get there but early enough for me to get home for shabbat. maybe i can get one or two of my clients to join us.

feel free to pm me.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #15
Sam Ser

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Even - Esh View Post
nice fellas! next time I visit family in Israel I will try to make a journey.

My family is in Qiryat T'ivon, quite the ride from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, but Haifa is a close bus ride away

I have found some VERY cool playgrounds at schools though, tons of pull up and parallel bars and have seen plenty on the beaches

Nice going fellas, I think this can be awesome, especially w/so many military guys, AND, many gonna keep looking for hard training after military

peace bruddahs!

--z--
in my experience, zach, most of the military guys let their fitness go to crap after the army... and almost all the fitness stuff here is long-distance running and isolation work... it's pretty depressing, actually.

anyway, if/when you do get back here, please let us all know. it would be awesome to meet you and even get in a workout with you. love the high-voltage energy you bring to your videos!

Old 09-08-2009, 05:57 AM   #16
Samuel Blank

Profile:

hey i'm currently studying abroad at tel aviv university for half a year and i need to find some fellow crossfitters in the area. PM or email me if interested.

sblan07@stlawu.edu
Old 09-08-2009, 06:26 AM   #17
Ian Dirnfeld

Profile:
Smile Re: CF Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Blank View Post
hey i'm currently studying abroad at tel aviv university for half a year and i need to find some fellow crossfitters in the area. PM or email me if interested.

sblan07@stlawu.edu

Hey guys-
My name is Ian Dirnfeld, and I am a Level 1 certified CrossFit Coach living in Tel Aviv, right by City Hall and a 15 minute walk from the beach.

I have my own "box" underneath my apartment: 2 sets of gymnastics rings, tractor tire + 5kg sledge, 2 x 15 kg kettlebell, and a newly purchased weight set with 100 kg of weights and an Oly bar (crappy and made in China, but still more than I had before). To celebrate its purchase, I did Fran in 6:18.44, a PR; while at my Cert in May I had 8 pullups left to go when I hit the 10 minute time limit. Still, it was a pukeworthy event, and I think I freaked the neighbours out with all the dry heaving I was doing.

My 16 and 20 lb medicine balls are on the way, and hopefully my father in law will soon help me weld a sled and a rack I can take apart.

I am looking to add trainees to the roster, so feel free to call me; I guarantee reasonable rates, and some ***-kicking workouts.

Ian
FastForwardFitness
054-632-4413
050-720-8015
fast4wardfitness@gmail.com

PS - Zach - dude, I KNEW Even-Esh was a Hebrew name!!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #18
Ian Dirnfeld

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ser View Post
noah, eli, tommer --

let's get together some time and make up something to do on the beach, say, in tel aviv on a friday... late enough for me to get there but early enough for me to get home for shabbat. maybe i can get one or two of my clients to join us.

feel free to pm me.
Hey guys, we are going to do something exactly like that: Hooverball on the beach and another WOD to raise awareness of CF in Israel.
Are you in?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:06 AM   #19
Ian Dirnfeld

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Solowiejczyk View Post
HI,
Im from Melbourne, Australia and i've been training with Crossfit Melbourne for over 2 years. I'm coming to Israel in September and will be based in either Jerusalem or Tel Aviv and im looking for a training partner during this time to do crossfit. Let me know if you are interested.
Hey Eli-
Have you arrived?
If so, give me a ring; I am a CrossFit Level 1 certified coacj living and training in Tel Aviv.
Ian Dirnfeld
054-632-4413
FastForwardFitness
Old 10-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #20
Sam Ser

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Dirnfeld View Post
Hey guys, we are going to do something exactly like that: Hooverball on the beach and another WOD to raise awareness of CF in Israel.
Are you in?
sorry i didn't see this earlier, ian. obviously, the winter months give me a smaller window on fridays, but i'd like to try.

not ready to hang with your 6-minute fran -- way to go! -- but i'm game.