CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
Departed1

Profile:

Someone Hold me Accountable

Ok, I'll start by giving you my past. I've always been pretty active. Grew up in a rural setting and was always out running around in fields/woods. I got into lifting when I was high school but really didn't know what I was doing. I went on to play college football and kept working out pretty hard but still didn't really know what I was doing. I understood more as my education went on in college, but I just kind of did what i was told to do in the weight room without really asking why. I am now teaching/coaching. When I had my first child and was up all night, i started eating like crap and quit working out. I've gotten back into it and have been lifting for about 2 years. Like the original cross fit journal said, I was just doing what I could find in Muscle and Fitness. My knowledge of workouts and how the body works has gone up quite a bit since my high school days, but I was getting bored doing the same workouts all the time. I have been doing the crossfit workouts for about 2 weeks now and love them.

My real problem is my diet. So i'm starting this thread to help hold me accountable to push myself in the workouts, and eat well. I'm planning on posting what I eat each day as well as how the workout went. Here's hoping it goes well.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
Departed1

Profile:

Re: Someone Hold me Accountable

Day 1:
Breakfast:
Chicken Breast w/ cheese

Morning Snack:
Bacon

Lunch:
1 Deer burger
Green Beans

Post WOD:
Browned Deer Burger in tomoatoe sauce

Dinner:
2 Chili Dog (minus bun)
All beef hot dogs
Beanless chili
Old 03-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
Departed1

Profile:

Day 2:
Breakfast:
Deer burger mixed with tomatoe sauce

Lunch:
Hamburger w/out bun
Green Beans

Post WOD
Bacon

Supper:
Lettuce/Mushrooms/Peppers Salad
Cheese
Ranch Dressing

WOD: Mile, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 squats, Mile
total time: 38 minutes, only did a half mile on the last mile because I had to go pick up my kids. Pretty rough, but I fel like i was saving myself due to the length of the WOD. Just didn't feel like i had as much intensity as i have other days.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Departed1

Profile:

Ok, wasn't on here all weekend. I used the rowing machine for the first time in my life yesterday for the WOD. Pretty rough on the back/biceps.

So far today:
Breakfast - Bacon

Morning Snack - Lettuce with mushrooms

Lunch - Deer steak

Will get back on later with the rest of the day and the WOD. I need to get on here more if i'm going to be accountable. Also talked to my wife about getting on this with me. Anyone have any ideas to get her on board?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
Departed1

Profile:

Ok, sorry it's been a while. I've been pre-occupied car shopping online instead of posting on here. To finish out two days ago...
The WOD was awesome that day. That's the first time i've done deadlifts like that in about 7 years. The double unders were pretty brutal, but i felt like i could take on the world when i was done.

Post WOD (it's not really a post workout meal, i just hungry before supper so i eat a snack)
Ham

Supper:
Taco Salad (Hamburger/taco meat, salad, cheese, sour cream)
Old 03-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
Departed1

Profile:

3/23
Breakfast:
Deer Meat/Tomatoe Sauce

Lunch:
Deer Meat/Tomatoe Sauc
Lettuce/Mushrooms/Cheese

Post WOD:
Chicken Breast

Snack/Dinner
Hot Dog (i ate the bun too, sorry everyone. was at a baseball game and got hungry and gave in)

Snack:
Bacon

WOD - 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 of Pull ups (to chest), Box Jumps, GHD set ups.
First off i completed this in just under 9 minutes, which was below the RX'd time, unfortunately i had to cheat. I don't have a GHD machine at my disposal in the gym, so i had to just do decline set ups. Second, I couldn't complete all the pull ups, so on the sets up of 8,7,6,5 I did lat pulls instead. I did however run between stations for the first time today and felt like i was finally moving at a cross fit speed.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #7
Departed1

Profile:

3/24 - It's a rest day, but my whole body is sore. I have been lifting weights hard without a major break for 11 years, but feel like i have no muscle soreness. My core is sore as crap from those deadlifts and everything else.
Breakfast:
3 egg omelet w/ mushrooms
Unfortunately i burnt it a little and didn't eat the whole thing b/c of that

Snack:
Chicken Breast

Lunch
Deer Burger w/ Tomatoe Sauce

Rest day for WOD, will try to get back on later to post the rest of the day.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
Chadd Kaiser

Profile:

Luke,

How much Bacon are you eating as a snack? I'm not entirely well-versed in zone or paleo, but just eating bacon alone as a snack...is that enough?

Sorry for a small / stupid post; but I have a log too, and it's always good when you know someone else is watching it. Keep at it, and don't forget to splurge every once in a while.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
Departed1

Profile:

The other night when i ate it, it was right before bed and I was trying not to eat too much. I'm doing low carb more than strict paleo. I originally was going to go for paleo, but like cheese too much to give it up. So one night I had some cheese after my bacon. To answer your question, I usually eat 4-5 strips at a time. I am a teacher and eat lunch at 11:16. So I typically eat breakfast at 8ish, and use that snack of bacon just to make sure I don't get so hungry by 11 that I start craving bad foods. Hope that helps. Also, thanks for posting, it does help to know people are looking in.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #10
Departed1

Profile:

To finish off 3/24...
Had class last night (working on my master's), so before i left for that had:
3 eggs
cheese
bacon all mixed together

After class:
Taco salad
Taco burger, cheese, salad, sour cream