CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
Chris Rebmann

Profile:
Smile Rebmann Crossfit Log

Ok! I got the motivation that I needed and I got up this morning and did my first real full CrossFit workout. I would have to say that I feel like I am really out of shape. I decided to do "Cindy" since that appears to be the most appropriate one to start off on. I was able to nail down 10 rounds in roughly 20-25 minutes. I need to buy a big clock or a sports watch that I can keep out in the garage. I would have to say that it kicked my but and I forced myself to get to round 10. I guess it is a start.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
Chris Rebmann

Profile:
Talking Rebmann Crossfit Log

Today I hit snooze and laid back down but then I got out of bed 30 seconds later. I got the motivation from the boards and I figure if I want to get in the shape that I want I have to bust my *** to do it. So I got up and decided to try "Fran" out. I was not sure what to use for weight so I decided to use 30lb dumbbells for thrusters. I would have to say after doing "Cindy" yesterday and all of the squats that it worked out just fine for me. Next time I think that I will up the weight. The most challenging part for me was the pullups. The more I do though the better I get. Also in conjunction with "Fran" I did 10 minutes on the heavybag. Overall it was a decent workout. I am just happy that I got out of bed.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
Chris Rebmann

Profile:
Thumbs up Rebmann Crossfit Log - Making Progress

I guess you could call today day 3 of my CrossFit experience. I once again did "Cindy" for my workout. I feel this is the best way to get myself ready for some of the other workouts and eventually move on to the WOD. I made some progress from the last time that I did this workout. I did 13 rounds this time instead of the 10 that I did last time. I am going to shoot for more and more each time. I feel as though I am making progress with my fitness level. Since I have started CrossFit (last week) I have lost 7.6 lbs. I started off weighing 226.6 and now I am at 219. The goal weight for me is 215lbs. I think tomorrow I am going to try one of the workouts that has some more cardio in it and see how I do since I think that I really need more of that. Well if anyone really read this thanks for reading and until next time...
Old 06-12-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
Chris Rebmann

Profile:
Talking Re: Rebmann Crossfit Log

Tonight I decided to change some things up a bit and try a new routine called Cyclo-Zen. This is an highly intense routine like Cross-Fit and it took only 8 minutes. the thing about it is that it is directed towards cycling.
The Workout:

50 Hindu Squats
Hold a seated like position with arms in the air for 1 minute
20Push-ups yoga style with a dog-down and a dog-up into a plank
25 trunk twisters (knees bent sitting up and lean back just far enough so you can feel it in your abs when you twist from side to side)
stretch for aout 20 seconds
and then top it off with bicycles (40)

And that concludes the 8 minute Cyclo-Zen workout

It was pretty intense for it only being 8 minutes but you are moving from one thing to the other. Needless to say I broke a good sweat while doing this.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
Chris Rebmann

Profile:
Re: Rebmann Crossfit Log

Yesterday I did more of a cardio workout more so then a crossfit workout. I went on a 2-hour mountain bike trail ride that kicked my but and made me realize just how bad my cardio is right now. Needless to say it was a wakeup call for me. I weight the lowest today since June 11 and that is 219. I am still trying to get to my goal of 205. I hope to achieve that by the end of August. If I keep my eating in order and keep up on my workouts I think that I can obtain that pretty easily.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:40 PM   #6
Chris Rebmann

Profile:
Talking Re: Rebmann Crossfit Log

Tonight I did a crossfit like workout but nothing specific. I did the following workout just to get me back in the swing of things because I have been a big slacker.

2 Rounds:
10 Pushups
10 Pull-ups
10 Hang Cleans 100lbs
10 30lb thrusters with dumbbell
Bag work for 5 min
Bike ride for 15 min

I guess it did not turn out to be that bad off a workout but it got me back in the swing of things and I can wait to tackle one of the ladies in the morning. One good thing about this morning was that I passed a plateau on my weight loss. I kept getting stuck on 219 and I finally broke through it slightly at 218.8. Not much but it beats 219. I am going to keep on going towards that goal of 205 and lean.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #7
Chris Rebmann

Profile:

Tonight my workout was cut short. I was working on "Cindy" and about 10 minutes and 7 rounds in things got cut short. I did not cut things short because I could not do it but rather because would not cooperate with me. But like they say it is better than nothing. I am starting to feel more comfortable with pullups and the rest of the workout. I think that I am going to do "Angie" in the morning. I will let you know how things go. Wish me luck.

218.6 lbs this morning after a holiday weekend I only gained 1.6lbs. Not too shabby.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:51 AM   #8
Chris Rebmann

Profile:
Red face Re: Rebmann Crossfit Log

Ok...Well this morning was a little disappointing because I tried "Angie" and I had to scale it because the pull-ups were killing me. I must have done something wrong the other day because everytime I went down to do a pull-up my abs were killing me. So what I decided to do was cut angie in half and do the best I could. Here is what I did:

50 pull-ups
50 push-ups
50 sit-ups
50 squats
Time" 18:34 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that I can say is that this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship...
Old 07-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #9
Chris Rebmann

Profile:

Well I did a non crossfit like workout tonight. I started off by mowing the grass tonight to work up a good sweat. Then since I am a huge Cubs fan I had to go and watch the game. I decided to do 20 pushups during every commercial break. I know this is not really an intense workout but I got some reps in so that tomorrow when I hit up a crossfit workout I am not hurting. Needless to say this is what I need to do to get back on track. I think in the morning I am going to start off with some running and then come back and do a crossfit workout like maybe Fran. I will post again soon.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 AM   #10
Chris Rebmann

Profile:

This morning I did a warm-up 400M jog to get things going. Then I did a pretty pathetic "Fran". I did not time it because it was pretty pathetic but I made it through it. After what seems like a month off due to a work schedule of 75 hours a week and just pure laziness I am back at it. My goal is to be 205 by August 24th. I am currently at 214.4. I think this is an obtainable goal.