CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:37 AM   #11
Ernie Guevara

Profile:
Re: Ernie's workout log

i didnt have a jumprope so i subbed box jumps for the double unders.

For time:
135 lb Thruster, 10 reps
50 box jumps
135 lb Thruster, 8 reps
40 box jumps
135 lb Thruster, 6 reps
30 box jumps
135 lb Thruster, 4 reps
20 box jumps
135 lb Thruster, 2 reps
10 box jumps
TIME: 12:18
Oh my this workout had my Metcon going crazy!!! First of all I didnít think I was going to be able to do thrusters with 135lbs because I had never tried it. I had done them with 95lbs many times because its rxíd in other workouts. The first 10 were tough but not as much as I thought they would be. I was feeling confident after finishing the first 10 thrusters but that went down the drain after finishing the 50 box jumps!!! Oh my lord did I have trouble catching my breath. Definitely felt like I was running sprints or running uphill. Iím very happy with my time even though it felt like I was working out for like a half hour because it was so tough. I try not to look at my watch too much during the workout because I tend to relax if I see im doing it faster than expected. Yet another great crossfit workout!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 05:47 AM   #12
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

06-03-08
For time:
135 lb Squat clean, 10 reps
50 GHD Sit-ups
135 lb Squat clean, 8 reps
40 GHD Sit-ups
135 lb Squat clean, 6 reps
30 GHD Sit-ups
135 lb Squat clean, 4 reps
20 GHD Sit-ups
135 lb Squat clean, 2 reps
10 GHD Sit-ups
TIME: 11:40

Then 5x3 deadlift practice:
275x3, 295 x3, 305x3, 315x3, 315x3PR

I was really impressed that i got 315 those 2 sets. i didnt want to go any higher on the last set because i felt i was rounding my back a little bit!!

I was really worried about this workout because my squat clean endurance really sucks, Especially with 135lbs as in Elizabeth. But I was really glad this workout came up because it gave me a chance to work on my squat clean endurance. My other problem, besides the endurance, is how to do them faster. I cant seem to get how people come from the up position back down, tap the bar on the floor and go right into the next rep. I always have to place the bar on the floor adjust my grip for like a second and then go back up. This happens to me also on the deadlifts like in Dianne. I guess it means my grip isnít strong enough yet. What do you guys think it is? Any tips would be great.
Well back to the workout, I was surprised as to how fast I did the first 8 cleans on the first round. I stopped for 2 seconds to catch my breath and finished the last 2 reps. I got to catch my breath as I did the situps. But the set of 8 reps of squat cleans really knocked my wind. I had to stop for like 10 secs before starting the situps again. Overall I was pleased that I finished the entire thing in under 12 minutes. I really thought I was going to take more than 15 minutes because of my squat clean endurance.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

Making great progress over here ernie

As for the pull-ups, there's not secret. The more you hit, the better you'll get. The video that helped me the most is this one, great display of pull-ups with Coach's comments in the back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEweROlAfKE (wfs)

This is "all" you need Don't hesitate to really push yourself away from the bar at the top to then let your shoulders open at the bottom and get some momentum going to come back up.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:42 AM   #14
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

ďFranĒ

21-15-9
Thrusters 95lbs
Pull ups

TIME: 7:43 PR by 1 minute and 15 secs!!!

Iím so pleased with my time today because I broke my PR by so much!!! Finally my endurance in the thrusters is improving. I did 15 thrusters in a row and held the bar in my shoulders to take 2 breaths and kept going. Now I have to work on my kipping pullup. Once I learn how to get a rhythm I should see my time improve drastically. Yesterday I could only do like 2 or three in a row before losing my rhythm. My forearms were on fire by the 12th pullup. Iím definitely going to practice them every day before my workouts unless the workout includes them. Now I hope my time on Dianne and Elizabeth drop as dramatically as Fran. I think my time in Dianne will drop pretty good cuz I have definitely gotten stronger on the deads since the last time I did it
Old 06-09-2008, 05:23 AM   #15
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

Five rounds for time of:
135 pound Squat clean, 7 reps
15 Handstand push-ups
TIME: 26:39
Holy crap this workout beat me up from the first set. I think the fact that I hadnít eaten anything all day didnít help at all. Also all the partying I did this weekend had a role in it!! I was pleased to do this workout because it included the 2 of my weakest exercises so it gave me a chance to practice them. Squat cleans always get my lungs and heart going on overdrive and was hard to jump right into the handstands while trying to catch my breath. Iím honestly glad I actually finished the workout because I felt like quitting on more than one occasion!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:12 AM   #16
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

06-09-08
Ten rounds for time of :
12 burpees, 12 pullups
TIME: 21:36

This workout was absolutely tough on the breathing!!! I surprised myself in how I could do almost all 12 burpees in a row in each round. I guess that means my metcon is getting better. Now if I could only find a nice rhythm in my kipping pullup I would be satisfied. I still can only do 3-4 in a rhythm and then have to establish it again. I would have gotten a much faster time if I could get like 6 in a rhythm. But none the less I still feel I got a good time on this one. Definitely had my shirt drenched from the get go.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:11 AM   #17
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

06-10-08
ď300Ē
25 pullups
50 deadlifts (135lbs)
50 pushups
50 box jumps
50 floor wipers (135lbs)
50 thrusters (65 lbs)
25 pullups

TIME: 21:11 Pr by 41 secs!!

This is one of my favorite workouts because it feels like an obstacle course. I definitely owe the PR to the kipping pullups. I got a rhythm going and did about 7 in a row which I have never done before. So I finished them much faster. I was only able to get 15 reps of the deads in a row when I use to get 25. The only reason why I stopped at 15 was because my forearms were on fire and I couldnít hold on anymore. I figured out this was because of the kipping pullups. I was still ahead of my normal pace after the deads, pushups, and box jumps. I looked at my watch after the box jumps and saw I was way ahead. I did the swipers faster than normal too but hit a metcon wall when I got on the thrusters. Oh man was that bad!! I had to break it down to sets of 15 and 10 because I just couldnít breath. I guess my tank was on empty by then lol. The last set of pullups was just torture because I was dead tired and was going 2 by 2 cuz my lungs were on fire and I wanted to shatter my PR but was only able to by 41 secs cuz I almost met pukie.
I love this workout!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:52 AM   #18
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

06-11-08

Deadliftt 5 sets of 3

275 x 3
295 x 3
315 x 3
325 x 3 PR!!! 10lbs
325 x 2 (grip on left hand gave out half way through the last rep)

Iím really happy that I got a PR today even though I was upset about the last rep of the day where my grip gave out. My grip is definitely one of my weak points and heavy deadlifts always expose it. I felt good leg and lower back wise. I was going to try 330 or 335 but I knew my grip was fatigued and thatís why I stayed at 325. Getting stronger little by little and thatís all that matters to me!! Cant wait to see what my numbers look like next time!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #19
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

06-13-08
"J.T"

21-15-9

Handstand pushups
dips (2x have no rings)
Pushups

TIME:18:45 4 secs slower than last time i did this

So i'm a little upset right now because i thought i was going to do this way faster than last time because i definitely feel stronger on my dips and pushups. But my handstands were horrible today. I only got 11 in a row in the first round when i was shooting for at least 13 like last month. My endurance in the handstands wasnt there today and thats why i did this a bit slower. Felt really good in the dips and pushups even though the handstands took up most of my energy. i guess i will have to pradctice my handstands more often to imrove my score. The handstands won today's battle but i will win the war!!!!!:stir:
Old 06-16-2008, 05:56 AM   #20
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

06-14-08
"Cindy"
As many rounds as you can in 20 minutes of :
5 pullups
10 pushups
15 squats

TOTAL: 20 rounds PR by 2 rounds!!!!!

I finally got the 20 rounds!!! I did the last rep of squats right when the clock hit zero!!!! I knew i had a chance to do it like after the 5th round. Never broke any sets of pullups, pushups, or squats!!! I usually break up the squats towards the end of the 20 minutes but today my legs felt really good!!! I am very proud of my performance today!! Needless to say that i was thrown on the ground for about 5 minutes trying to catch my breath afterwards lol. My next goal with this workout is to increase my rounds by 2 each time i do it. Can't wait for it to come up again!!!