CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #16281
Scott Jenkins
Affiliate Scott Jenkins is offline
 
Scott Jenkins's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London  England
Posts: 15,558
Re: A Bears Tale

20 March 2015

Open 15.4

8 minute amrap:

3 HSPU
3 Cleans 84k
6 HSPU
3 Cleans 84k
9 HSPU
3 Cleans 84k
12 HSPU
6 Cleans 84k
15 HSPU
6 Cleans 84k
18 HSPU
6 Cleans 84k
3 HSPU - 93 reps

Will redo felt crap.

5 rounds untimed:

5 STrict pull ups c2B
10 Ring Push ups
__________________
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:42 AM   #16282
Scott Jenkins
Affiliate Scott Jenkins is offline
 
Scott Jenkins's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London  England
Posts: 15,558
Re: A Bears Tale

22 March 2015

Open 15.4 take two

8 minute amrap:

3 HSPU
3 Cleans 84k
3 HSPU
3 Cleans
9 HSPU
3 Cleans
12 HSPU
6 Cleans
15 HSPU
6 Cleans
18 HSPU
6 Cleans
8 HSPU - 98

Better than before, will take that as done and practice my next weeks guess.

Strict C2B 4 sets aorund 8 reps

Ring Rows 4 x15 reps

Tabata Russian Twists
__________________
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:42 AM   #16283
Scott Jenkins
Affiliate Scott Jenkins is offline
 
Scott Jenkins's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London  England
Posts: 15,558
Re: A Bears Tale

21 March 2015

Muscle ups practice - Max 9 unbroken. Think that's a strange pb

Squat snatch

10 minute EMOM - 70k Squat Snatch no misses

High Hang Snatch

40k
50k
60k
65k
70k Fail

For time:

1000m Row
50 Overbox Jumps
30 Swings 32k - 7.50
__________________
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:08 PM   #16284
Jason A Smith
Member Jason A Smith is offline
 
Jason A Smith's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brandon  MB Canada
Posts: 2,659
Re: A Bears Tale

Great job again Scott with 15.4. Those are both solid scores.

Hopefully get to watch you crush it this year in Carson.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:30 AM   #16285
Scott Jenkins
Affiliate Scott Jenkins is offline
 
Scott Jenkins's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London  England
Posts: 15,558
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
Great job again Scott with 15.4. Those are both solid scores.

Hopefully get to watch you crush it this year in Carson.
Not taking failure as an option this year.

I have a feeling after the max clean last year in the masters qualifier and the clean & Jerk this open we are going to get a max snatch in this years masters qualifier. Been practising like mad, keeping light weights all about technique. This could be the difference.
__________________
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:33 AM   #16286
Scott Jenkins
Affiliate Scott Jenkins is offline
 
Scott Jenkins's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London  England
Posts: 15,558
Re: A Bears Tale

21 March 2015

Front Squats

80k x 10
90k x 8
100k x 6
110k x 4
120k x 2

All comfortable sets

For time:

21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps of:

Thrusters 35k
Box Step ups 24" - 9.24

DB Lateral raises
DB Curls
EZ Bar curls
__________________
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:58 AM   #16287
Scott Jenkins
Affiliate Scott Jenkins is offline
 
Scott Jenkins's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London  England
Posts: 15,558
Re: A Bears Tale

23 March 2015

1 min max Doubles - 91
1 min max toes to bar - 27
1 min max push ups - 40

20 minute EMOM:

A: 8 Clean & Jerk 60k
B: 10 Overbar Burpees
C: Rest

Completed hard.

10 minute amrap:

10 Box Jumps 24"
10 Push ups - 12 rounds 8 reps
__________________
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:37 AM   #16288
Nik Nichols
Member Nik Nichols is offline
 
Nik Nichols's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Quinlan  TX
Posts: 21,382
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
21 March 2015

Muscle ups practice - Max 9 unbroken. Think that's a strange pb

Squat snatch

10 minute EMOM - 70k Squat Snatch no misses

High Hang Snatch

40k
50k
60k
65k
70k Fail



For time:

1000m Row
50 Overbox Jumps
30 Swings 32k - 7.50

nice work here Scott. I love the snatch, I am not great at it yet, but I love the movement.

Great Job on 15.4 you are doing great. Me I have to take some ''humble pie'' and take this years as a learning year and focus for next year. Saying that, I am still going to attack the last one on Friday.

With out making excuses and looking at it truly. I am not 100%, getting there but not there. I was getting over my elbow and shoulder. which is coming along well, but pullups, HSPUs and a few other exercises are not up to par. Not bad, but not up to where they were.

Example, I use to do 30 reps(3x10) HSPUs in my warm up strict. Haven't done even close to that in 6 months or better. Stuff like that, that is just coming back.

I have done my best and take my scores for what they are( no matter how painful) but I know where I need to work.
__________________
49/M/5'7''/175lbs ''Take pain.'' quote: Mr Jenkins
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:27 AM   #16289
Scott Jenkins
Affiliate Scott Jenkins is offline
 
Scott Jenkins's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London  England
Posts: 15,558
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
nice work here Scott. I love the snatch, I am not great at it yet, but I love the movement.

Great Job on 15.4 you are doing great. Me I have to take some ''humble pie'' and take this years as a learning year and focus for next year. Saying that, I am still going to attack the last one on Friday.

With out making excuses and looking at it truly. I am not 100%, getting there but not there. I was getting over my elbow and shoulder. which is coming along well, but pullups, HSPUs and a few other exercises are not up to par. Not bad, but not up to where they were.

Example, I use to do 30 reps(3x10) HSPUs in my warm up strict. Haven't done even close to that in 6 months or better. Stuff like that, that is just coming back.

I have done my best and take my scores for what they are( no matter how painful) but I know where I need to work.
At least your on your way there now, make sure you don't rush the movements, that's how I kept setting myself back last year, I would get muscle ups back then train them too much and reinjure, gotta do it the right way this year Nik, both of us, get the bodyweight stuff up to par and build strength.

Good to see you've still hit all the open WODs even with the setbacks.

Friday will be interesting, from what's left it's going to be the worst one by far for me... Bring it on.
__________________
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:05 AM   #16290
Nik Nichols
Member Nik Nichols is offline
 
Nik Nichols's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Quinlan  TX
Posts: 21,382
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
At least your on your way there now, make sure you don't rush the movements, that's how I kept setting myself back last year, I would get muscle ups back then train them too much and reinjure, gotta do it the right way this year Nik, both of us, get the bodyweight stuff up to par and build strength.

Good to see you've still hit all the open WODs even with the setbacks.

Friday will be interesting, from what's left it's going to be the worst one by far for me... Bring it on.
I'm guessing heavy. With the scaled division there is not really reason any more to go light.

I think they made a bit of a mistake the scaled division, now it is not open to everyone. Even with the scaled division, I expect a big drop in competitors next year.

Either way, it is up to HQ to make that decision.

Like I said, I expect heavy.

As for me, you are right, I have to be smarter this year. Do it right. Go to the games.
__________________
49/M/5'7''/175lbs ''Take pain.'' quote: Mr Jenkins
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It has begun - Another SS tale - Back from the future Frederic Giraud Workout Logs 10 03-12-2008 06:40 PM
The antioxidant myth: a medical fairy tale Paul Symes Nutrition 11 08-24-2006 10:54 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.