CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 02-25-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
Nich McCulloch

Profile:
"Lynne" Injury

After doing Lynne this past week, both of my arms have been beyond sore, to the point of stressed. I can't straighten my left arm fully without really trying and being in a small amount of pain. The right arm is nowhere near as bad, but can still feel it. I know the difference between good sore and just injured. This feeling is new. Any advise or past experience with something similar would help greatly.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: "Lynne" Injury

Seems like some minor rhabdo.

Drink lots and LOTS of water.. if you start peeing dark yellow/brown you might wanna go to the ER.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Ryan Curry

Profile:

Nich, I see you are a Marine (me too), 53 guy just down the way from you. Your kipping pull ups might not be quite what they should be. Sounds like you were doing what used to happen to me. You would work so hard you would start letting yourself fall from the up position of your pull up. All that force coming down multiple times will cause arms to be very sore. I did a set of dead hangs to see how I was for the PFT and can feel a little bit today. Keep strechting out your arms. And don't let your self fall when you do work outs with lots of pull ups. Cheers. You have any questions look me up on the global and email me.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Low View Post
Seems like some minor rhabdo.

Drink lots and LOTS of water.. if you start peeing dark yellow/brown you might wanna go to the ER.
Replace the "might" with "really."