CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 08-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #111
Gravel Brown

Profile:
Re: Anyone ever rupture a RC tear anchor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McCahill View Post
Gravel...yes, you will feel pain for 2,3,4 even 5 months at certain times. The morning was always the most painful. As you feel better you will naturally move the arm more often. Days when I “let my guard down” would be followed by 48 hours of soreness and aches. It is a very frustrating recovery because you literally use your shoulder for everything. I would say as long as the pain is achy and not sharp you are ok…

Good luck!
Thanks Kev and glad to hear youre back on track aswell. I have similar plans re changing up my fitness goals, lots more cardio and less weights for me.

How are you going with general everyday around the house stuff?... ie picking up the kids, using a hammer... just the normal stuff??... any pain or restrictions??
Old 08-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #112
Michael Bailey

Profile:

Great approach Kevin. We aren't the young bucks we used to be. This injury was a good lesson. Im not say we can't be in great shape at any age, we just need to be smarter, like you said and listen to our bodies a little bit more.

Gravel (probably the coolest name I've heard)..I did 3 sets of 15 shoulder presses with a dowel yesterday and 3 sets of 15 pull downs using a dowel attached to a red band..my shoulder feels great today! I don't want you to think that everytime you use your shoulder your gonna feel it...as it gets stronger the pain is less and less. I liken it to a workout where you go into new territory (increase weights or reps) and are sore because of it. If I were to put some screws in the wall today, I would be less sore tomorrow then I was when I did it last time. (that turning of the hand motion to turn a screw seems like a direct use of the RC muscles).

Dont worry you'll be back before you know it, just be smart and patient.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #113
Gravel Brown

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bailey View Post
Great approach Kevin. We aren't the young bucks we used to be. This injury was a good lesson. Im not say we can't be in great shape at any age, we just need to be smarter, like you said and listen to our bodies a little bit more.

Gravel (probably the coolest name I've heard)..I did 3 sets of 15 shoulder presses with a dowel yesterday and 3 sets of 15 pull downs using a dowel attached to a red band..my shoulder feels great today! I don't want you to think that everytime you use your shoulder your gonna feel it...as it gets stronger the pain is less and less. I liken it to a workout where you go into new territory (increase weights or reps) and are sore because of it. If I were to put some screws in the wall today, I would be less sore tomorrow then I was when I did it last time. (that turning of the hand motion to turn a screw seems like a direct use of the RC muscles).

Dont worry you'll be back before you know it, just be smart and patient.
So true about working smarter as you get older mate. Thats exactly what got me here in the first place. Looking back now i was dumb to be doing the workout that i was when i did this.

Thanks for the pain advice. At the moment everytime i feel a pain it immediately has me worried that ive re-torn something..

All part of the paranoia that comes with these surgeries... i think... i hope..