CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-05-2004, 07:37 AM   #11
Paul Symes

Profile:
Hello

I'm a southern fairy too, Croydon South London

Looking to train with other CFers too

Also looking for a place that teaches Olympic lifting if anyone can help

Paul
Old 09-07-2004, 09:46 AM   #12
J Thorogood

Profile:  
Hiya Paul

I used to (sometimes still do when I can get there) train over Caterham/Coulsden way. Crystal Palace would be the place to go for Oly training. I called BAWLA to find somewhere for exactly that, and there were 3 places they came up with, Woking, Crystal Palace, and the third was outta my commuting distance so I didn't note it down!
Hope that helps
j
Old 10-05-2004, 09:56 AM   #13
Graham Hayes

Profile:
I'm back in Brighton now, anyone who wants to come out to play with me is more than welcome. FYI my little home gym has a barbell some plates and dumbell handles, an Inch elevator dumbell, rolling thunder deadlift handle, blockbuster pinch grip handle, loading pin(for previous two items), some grippers, a 10kg weight vest, a shot put, skipping rope and...umm...a...pull up bar!
Old 12-12-2004, 01:57 PM   #14
Alexander Catterall

Profile:  
Hey up y'all. I'm from sunny Lancs. Glad to find some more Brits on here. I was hoping to visit other people or some sort of CF (UK) seminar to show me how it's done. I think I've got the right idea with our routines (or lack of routine should I say) but would appreciate some guidance. Plus its always good to meet like minded others.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:58 PM   #15
Alexander Catterall

Profile:  
I'm going to have a look at the kettlebell thing but could you use a dumbbell to improvise??