CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 03-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #141
Hamze Abdi

Profile:
Re: Assistance bands for my little sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearse Shields View Post
Calories in vs calories out. Lifting burns calories- assuredly moreso than your walking does. Not only that, you have the luxurious benefit of increased muscle mass, which also aids in burning more calories throughout the day. Now, what you do is make sure you eat real clean, train real hard. Fasted training with some BCAAs and caffeine before-hand works well, and is quite muscle-sparing as well. So, you calculate your caloric allowance, what macros you need, and then go lift like if you don't someone is going to hit you with a stick. A really big stick.

No. I don't think, because everything else you do in terms of your dietary habits is so terrible that even if you ran 4 hours a day you still wouldn't look the way you want to.

You're trying to take the easy way out, and hide behind laziness, and excuses.

There is no easy way out. Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure, and the way you're going, you'll be living in a mansion of one soon.
If I could go on a strict diet, don't you think I would? I can't. I don't have the money or the discipline.

But let's look at someone who does have the money and the discipline. http://leehayward.com/blog/whats-the...o-to-burn-fat/

He said something like"I've gotten ripped for bodybuilding shows just by walking". Now, if someone who has his diet in check and has his lifting in check still feels like walking to drop some fat, who are the hell are we to say that one shouln't walk?

Old 03-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #142
Pearse Shields

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamze Abdi View Post
If I could go on a strict diet, don't you think I would? I can't. I don't have the money or the discipline.

But let's look at someone who does have the money and the discipline. http://leehayward.com/blog/whats-the...o-to-burn-fat/

He said something like"I've gotten ripped for bodybuilding shows just by walking". Now, if someone who has his diet in check and has his lifting in check still feels like walking to drop some fat, who are the hell are we to say that one shouln't walk?
Read the bold bit. Read it over again.

If that's what you believe, then that's what you believe, and you'll never get anywhere.

Ever.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #143
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

You defy all logic.....you have no discipline and want some solution to you lack of will power? Rice and lentil will provide you with what you need.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #144
Sara Ochsner

Profile:

Quote:

If you don't want to focus on diet, don't. If you want to walk and do pull ups, do it.

I love walking, especially in spring. I just started a new program (GSLP) that has me walking 40-60 min fasted 5 days a week. My husband and I also walk after dinner.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #145
Hamze Abdi

Profile:

Quote:
Read the bold bit. Read it over again.

If that's what you believe, then that's what you believe, and you'll never get anywhere.

Ever.
Okay, so let's say I do go on a strict diet... would I still be allowed to do cardio?

Old 03-24-2013, 01:08 AM   #146
Chris Jones

Profile:

Holy crap! This thing got really good since last time i could check in. Apparently other people have the weekends off and can find plenty of time to dish out the hard truth .

Pearse i just want to commend you, im glad finally somebody stepped up and got a little stern during these things. Poking fun and making completely ridiculous suggestions is all good and a whole lot of fun, but every now and then somebody just needs the crap kicked out of them. I dont think ive had this many good laughs out of a thread since "the" thread.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:32 AM   #147
Hamze Abdi

Profile:

Quote:
Christ on a bike, really? People run. Then they run for longer periods of time. At no point do they spend 3-4 hours walking. The get the intensity and then the duration. Not the other way around.

You have no real muscle to speak of, by the way. If you do cut, you will look skinny and weak, as well as be skinny and weak. I don't care how big you think your leg is.

Eat good foods. Due to the way that your body reacts to and processes food from different sources, your diet will effect whether you are gaining fat or muscle, regardless of the exercise you're doing.

Do more strength training. Not just pull-ups. You need it. I know 15-year old girls that can squat more than 100lbs. Being weak is not a good thing. Squatting would help your running more than any amount of pull-ups.
I am prepared to sacrifice the aerobic fitness in exchange for getting to 9 percent bodyfat. But, how is running for 2 to 3 hours going to somehow preserve muscle mass better than walking? Sure it might make me fitter, might even make me leaner(due to burning more calories) but I can't see it preserving muscle the same way.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #148
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
I am prepared to sacrifice the aerobic fitness in exchange for getting to 9 percent bodyfat. But, how is running for 2 to 3 hours going to somehow preserve muscle mass better than walking? Sure it might make me fitter, might even make me leaner(due to burning more calories) but I can't see it preserving muscle the same way.
Nobody told you to run for 2-3 hours! Where are you getting this from? Its really simple: caloric deficit + intelligent strength training + MODERATE amounts of conditioning = fat loss while preserving muscle mass.

Thats the formula. If you want to entirely disregard part of it, fine, but youre not going to see the results you want.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #149
Adam Shreim

Profile:

Not sure why you keep babbling on about body fat. I have about 25% body fat and destroy you in pull-ups. All day, son.

Try the ole' pony of getting stronger and sticking to a program. You could always try to train like a Navy SEAL, since you keep referencing one. Head over to SEALFit.com.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #150
James Yates

Profile:

Quote:
This has all been quite entertaining, as well as Hamze's other posts. It is like something horrifying that you shouldn't look at, but you do anyway out of morbid curiosity.

Personally, I just like seeing how he can take any manner of positive, good advice in response to his silly questions and turn it around to be "wrong" with his flawed logic and fitness myths he chooses to cling to so dearly.

I am also trying to figure out if he is real or just some adopted persona of some bored person trying to catfish us all. The "voice" of various posts is now changing enough that some read as if they are coming from an entirely different person, like when an actor breaks character on stage momentarily.

Hamze, on the off chance you are revealing your true character to us, you have a lot of growing up to do. When 100% of the respondents disagree with you, the problem lies with YOU. Stop looking for excuses and stop trying to disprove the solid advice you have been given from the start.

Without getting any more personal or derogatory in any way, I am simply going to say that none of this nonsense has ANYTHING to do with crossfit and DOESN'T BELONG ON THESE FORUMS. I think it is about time that a moderator steps in and tells Ham to go to www.walkingandpullups.com (not wfs because I just made it up) since we clearly are at a dead end here.