CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 07-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #61
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: inside elbow pain / pullups

Interesting...

Might have to recommend that for some people to test out
Old 07-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #62
Michael Kelley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Gainer View Post
You can also do the "Tyler Twist" by wringing out a thick towel in a bucket of water. Works well to free up the forearms!!!!!!!
I just got one of the Therabars made by Theraband and started working with the "reverse Tyler Twist." It seems to provide a good stretch. I've also been wearing a forearm strap pretty much all the time to relieve pressure on the problem spot. I'm hoping 3 solid weeks without gripping and pulling, some twist rehab exercises, some shoulder exercises for realignment, and occasional acupuncture and massage will clear this up.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #63
Michael Kelley

Profile:

I had to come back and look at this thread to see how long I've been fighting this. It's depressing. After weeks and weeks of accupuncture, work on biomechanics, and some PT-type exercises accompanied by laying off that right elbow and an improved diet that dropped about 15 lbs and two belt holes, I couldn't quite get rid of the inflammation. My therapist agreed that an injection should do the trick, so I got one about 6 weeks ago. I continued to rest it for a week, then worked the loads back up over another two. Then I fell while running and hammered the shoulder on the same side (mild impingement that is healing slowly...not resting it that much, but doing exercises for it). Now, a few weeks later, the elbow pain is starting to return. I don't get it.