CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-29-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
Jon Gilson

Profile:
Again Faster Discount Equipment Newsletter

Hey Guys,

The newest edition of the Again Faster Equipment Newsletter will be going out on Thursday. If you'd like to get a copy, surf over to www.againfaster.com and fill out the sign-up box halfway down the left hand column.

This month, I'm introducing a bunch of new equipment. We've signed on with several new suppliers to bring you more options and cheaper prices on bumper plates, as well as the entire York catalog at a great discount. There will be specials on these lines throughout the Newsletter, available only to subscribers.

If you've been waiting for a great, affordable barbell, we've got one! Our brand-new 28mm Olympic Barbell is beautifully built and a pleasure to lift with, and it debuts this month at a fantastic price.

Also, I'm bringing back the Again Faster Equipment Giveaway. This month, three of our subscribers will win an Again Faster Portable Pullup Bar (WFS), the de facto choice for getting your kip on when a full pullup bar buildout isn't possible. If you're already a subscriber, there's no need to re-enter. If you're not on the list, sign up! Your odds of winning are better than 1 in 150!

Finally, the Newsletter will have the full report on last weekend's dry run of the CrossFit Running and Endurance Certification, including an introduction to the POSE Method. If you've been looking for an unbiased opinion on the latest specialty certification, check it out!

Best,

Jon
Old 01-30-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
Sean Manseau

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Again Faster Discount Equipment Newsletter

I just got a couple of those 28mm Oly bars. Jon's not exaggerating; they are SWEET.

I also just want to state for the record that Again Faster provides the best customer service I've ever experienced. Jon made a 2 1/2 hour drive out from Boston to be here when my equipment order arrived--both to help with the unloading, and to just make sure we were totally satisfied with what we got (we were). Somehow I can't see him making a similar drive out to Coshocton, OH, or someplace, but I don't doubt that same commitment to making his customers happy still applies. In, you know, a metaphorical sense.

Thanks Jon!
Old 01-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
Chris Drewry

Profile:
Re: Again Faster Discount Equipment Newsletter

Keep up the good work Jon!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Hey guys,

Due to a hectic travel schedule (I'm headed to Las Vegas for the CrossFit National Affiliate Gathering as of tomorrow), I'm going to postpone the release of the Newsletter and the drawing of the winners of the three free Again Faster Portable Pullup Bars until Monday.

The bad news: you won't get the deals or the rundown on the Running and Endurance Certification until then. The good news: you've got three more days to sign up for the Newsletter and the Drawing!

Best,

Jon
Old 02-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #5
Jon Gilson

Profile:

The new Again Faster Newsletter is out, and the winners of the Again Faster Bar giveaway have been announced! Be sure to check your email inbox to see if you've won.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, we have some great deals on bumpers, 28mm barbells, and York GHDs. You'll also find subscriber-only deals on Kraiburg Bumpers and the AF Bar that you may want to take advantage of. If you'd like a copy of the Newsletter, but didn't make it in time, just shoot me an email: jon@againfaster.com. I'll send a copy right over.

The Newsletter also has a copy of our most recent article on CrossFit's Running and Endurance Cert, which you can find on our Articles Page. Check it out!

If you'd like to subscribe to the Newsletter, head over to Again Faster, and use the sign-up box in the left hand column. We'd love to have you. Next month, each and every subscriber will be entered in our Equipment Giveaway for a chance to win a 20-lb. Dynamax Ball.

Best,

Jon

All links are Work/Family Safe
Old 02-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #6
Chris Hitzroth

Profile:

Jon,

I received the newsletter yesterday and it seems there's a bit of contradictory information about the 28mm barbell you've sourced from Gill Athletics. The newsletter (and the Again Faster web shop) states that the bar is 28mm with sealed bearings and double snap ring construction at a retail price of $229. But Gill Athletics' $229 28mm barbell is bolted and spins on self-lubricating bushings, per here (wfs), and it seems the bar's price, particularly the price Again Faster offers it at, is more in line with Gill Athletics' specs.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Chris,

I gave Glenn Pendlay a call for some clarification. Long story short, I believe you're absolutely correct, (although I'll need to rip the end off the 28mm Bar to be sure) and I've amended my website to reflect Gill's information.

Thanks so much for bringing that to my attention. Truth be told, I'm embarrassed to have made the mistake!

It turns out the race bearing inside the collar of the Gill Bar is held in place by a pair of snap rings, but these rings do not actually attach the sleeve/collar to the shaft. According to Glenn, the snap ring can be internal or external, but in the vast majority of constructions, it is found on the end of the barbell rather than the inside of the collar.

A few barbells violate this rule, but neither he nor I believe the Gill 28mm is one of these bars. Nonetheless, it's a heck of a bar for the money.

Best,

Jon
Old 02-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #8
Leonid Soubbotine

Profile:

Jon - any chance you'll get a women's 15 kg 25 mm diameter bar within a month?
We're looking to buy a couple plus some squat stands by the end of Feb and love doing business with you, so we'll hate to spend money somewhere else.

Dynamax ball purchase was quite an adventure enough.
And start selling some WL shoes. Our experience with VS athletics and their customer survice was very poor recently.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #9
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Leo,

I can get you all of those things. Shoot me an email, and I'll get you a quote! I'm a bit behind on updating the Community as to the products we're currently carrying, as I've been jetting around the country for three straight weeks.

Jet lag...

Best,

Jon
Old 02-07-2008, 05:12 AM   #10
Leonid Soubbotine

Profile:

...starts punching in an email...