CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 09-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #11
George Nesrallah

Profile:
Re: PR Squat 275

Congratualtions on the PR. Hard work really does pay off.

In your second video, it does look better; you look tighter. Just wondering though. Upon immediately ascending out of the squat it almost looks like your back rounds for a split second than stabilizes. I may be seeing things though.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #12
Michael Clements

Profile:

Kevin, the rack is from Northern Lights. I couldn't find the model online but I bought it used and haven't had any problems with it.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #13
Michael Pilhofer

Profile:

Hello Michael,

285, well done!

A couple of things to think about.

1. I would work as hard as you can to stay "TIGHTER" throughout the entire range of motion. You barely get the weight off the rack and stepped back, and you "drop" into your 1st rep. Don't get me wrong, you don't want to sit there hanging out with 285 on your back, but you need to get SET and get TIGHT

2. You can see on almost every rep but 4...which has its own issues, but your knees get soft at the bottom and slide forward. This is a sign that you are getting loose at the very bottom. Notice how it corresponds to when you start to loose a little of your lumbar extension. You need to FIGHT to stay tight at the bottom. Shove those knees out, out, OUT!! Start right from the get go.

3. Make sure you are taking as close of a grip on the bar that you can, while maintaining a forward, palm over the bar position. This will help to keep your back tight. Elbows Up!!

M
www.CrossFitMSP.com
Old 09-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #14
Michael Clements

Profile:

Thanks for the advice Mike. I do notice my knees want to buckle in when the weight gets heavy so i'll have to focus on that. Also I usually place my hands just inside the markings on the bar but ill try putting them closer to see the difference,