CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #11
Rick Hardin

Profile:
Re: Footwear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne M Lloyd View Post
Sorry to disappoint you sugar, but I don't even own a purse. Previously I was lifting barefoot but I happen to like being able to run around the pond for part of my warm up without having to worry about taking off my shoes before I start lifting. It's feels a lot better than cramming my foot into the "latest - greatest fad running shoe" that always comes up short anyway. BTW I also wear gloves when it's cold. sorry to disrupt your sterotype.

It wasn't pointed at you in particular and certainly not at women in general.

The jokes are always directed at the guys who ask about gloves.....gloves are for ladies.....do the gloves match your purse......have delicate little hands do you....etc.....

And then they ooh and ahh over shoes.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #12
John Dunlap

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bayro View Post
so im fairly new to crossfit, and as i get into it im seeing you have to get shoes accordingly. i was wondering if there was a certain brand or kind of shoes that is widely used with crossfitters. i found inov shoes on the crossfit endurance page, but dont know if those are good, or if there is some better. i do some trail running, but it is a very mild trail with crushed gravel. any help would be greatly appreciated
Nike Frees are a fantastic all around training shoe that are great for CrossFit. I have owned about 4-5 pairs now. They're hard to find at local retailers. Check zappos.com or eastbay.com (Both links WFS).
Old 07-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #13
Carlo Mattia

Profile:

Andrew
your just starting off get a good pair of trail running/ cross trainers whatever brand floats your boat
when you get serious about CrossFit then get a pair of O-lifting shoes.
I have vibram 5 finger not a big fan but still use them every now and then
but your foot wear depends on the wod I can't and will not run, box jump in my O-lifting shoes or vibram (just hurts my feet/knees)

FATIGUE MAKES COWARDS OUT OF MEN
Old 07-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #14
Andrew Bayro

Profile:

thanks for all the help everyone. i did some searching, especially since after i found crossfit enduarance too. i found a pair of puma lifts, that are made for running but have a small sole. then i also found adidas adizero's which seem to be good for running. i need running shoes, because im in the army and we do a lot of running. i will try these out and see. thanks for all the help everyone