CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 08-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #21
Jeff Bowser

Profile:
Re: From no confidence to CrossFitence

Zach,

First off, congrats on your progress. I read your entire first post, but will admit I didn't read all the followup so if I repeat something here that others have already said I'm sorry, but here is my 2 cents!

First off, DON'T USE THE GIRL AS A COPOUT! To really "GET" crossfit, you need to be with other crossfitters, and if your significant other doesn't do crossfit, they have to be supportive of you. This is a must. I'm surrounded by CF'ers and even when I have to do some WODS at the globo, I have 2 other fire breathing dragons that I do it with, and we get to our affiliate as often as our schedule allows.

My wife watched me do CF for about 4 months before comming on board, but in that time she supported what I did and was very proud of me, as was I.

Keep up the good work, make it clear to your girlfriend that she has a choice to do one (or more, but at least one) of the following:

1.)support and encourage you but not participate
2.)join you and start CF
3.)Leave you.

For you to be sucessfull at CF, your Significant other must do one of those 3 things. In my opinion it is that simple.

The 3rd option may sound harsh, and i'm sure others will agree/disagree with it, but in my opinion you have to look after yourself first, if you're not happy with yourself, or your life, how can you make someone else happy? Heck, and if worse case she leaves you, crossfit chicks are HOT! Get immersed in your affiliate and spend as much time with others from it as you can.

Just my humble 2cents!

Last edited by Jeff Bowser : 08-01-2008 at 08:40 PM. Reason: A few typos and a cleaner read
Old 08-02-2008, 09:46 AM   #22
Zach Mitchell

Profile:

Thanks for all the responses thus far. This was an eye opener. I posted this in hopes of something "just clicking". But I have realized that I am going to have to make it click for ME. No body, no posts on this forum, no miracle is going to MAKE me start CrossFitting and eating clean. I have to make the choice just like I did 6 months ago.

Reading all these posts I feel like a whining...uh...little...globo gym treadmill runner..."Oh...this is too hard...somebody make the decision for me..."

Not anymore. I am choosing for me. This is what I want and I am going to make it happen. Some way, some how. The next set of pics I post, you won't beable to recognize me. You will all think they were photoshopped or something. The next three months are going to be the hardest and MOST REWARDING 3 months of my life. A promise to myself and everyone here that has been supportive. Robb Wolf made a post the other day just so he would have to own up to a particular goal. He posted his deadline for a book (if I remember correctly). His theory was to make his goal public to keep his motivation strong. That is kinda what I want to do here. I am doing this for myself but now I know in the back of my head I have a whole community rooting for me.

I am not going to let anyone down...INCLUDING MYSELF. Girl or no girl this my journey!

Thanks again.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #23
Jeff Bowser

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Mitchell View Post
I am not going to let anyone down...INCLUDING MYSELF. Girl or no girl this my journey!
Thanks again.
Now THAT is the attitude you'll need.

Go get em, train hard and breath some fire!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #24
Quinn McCutchen

Profile:

Hey Zach,

People with stories like yours are as or more inspiring than Greg A and the other crossfit stars to me. You should be really proud of what you have accomplished and are going to accomplish. Imagine where you'll be in a year.... Congratulations and good luck!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:59 AM   #25
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

We'll be waiting for your next photos, so try to impress us

Great work, keep it up. We share a common goal with the Greg A. stuff, heh heh. Who doesn't!?
Old 08-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #26
Jennie Yundt

Profile:

CrossFit stories like Zach's are my favorite. He didn't find CrossFit as an elite athlete, or someone who had even been working out regularly. He found CrossFit and was incredibly out of shape, and had very limited strength and flexibility. Seeing Zach wander into the gym yesterday and casually crank out a few pull ups is just inspiring.

If anyone needed DEFINITE proof that you don't need to "get in shape" before trying CrossFit, here's your proof! (points to Zach)
Old 08-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #27
Polo Lopez

Profile:

3, 2, 1....Bust'm

Get Fit or Die trying.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #28
Steven Matheson

Profile:

I'd LOVE to see where this thread, and Zack, have gotten to as of today? Is there more inspiration to flow from this hard working young man!?