CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 10-12-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
Andrew Dossman

Profile:
Treatment for Tendon/muscle pain

So i have this pain in my left shoulder and left bicept. Been taking Aleve so i dont have to deal with the pain. When to sports medicine guy and said i need to get a MRI but i dont have money for it now, and im not goina stop working out. So i was reading that like aleve if it a inflammation problem and then i was looking into it and wondering if it was a tendon problem....so i looked up and said that vitamin E and arginine might help with it.
Any suggestions? Id like to listen to the doctor but he didnt give me any clue till MRI which i cant afford....so ya
Old 10-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
Wade Smith

Profile:
Re: Treatment for Tendon/muscle pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Dossman View Post
So i have this pain in my left shoulder and left bicept. Been taking Aleve so i dont have to deal with the pain. When to sports medicine guy and said i need to get a MRI but i dont have money for it now, and im not goina stop working out. So i was reading that like aleve if it a inflammation problem and then i was looking into it and wondering if it was a tendon problem....so i looked up and said that vitamin E and arginine might help with it.

Any suggestions?
Yeah, stop working out. At least until the pain subsides and/or you get diagnosis on what's going on.

RICE= Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:38 PM   #3
Andrew Dossman

Profile:
Re: Treatment for Tendon/muscle pain

uhhhh i hate resting tho =(...i did SS all summer then my arm hurt so i took like a month off....and it was good for like 3 weeks back in working out and the pain came back...if it was just pain id deal with it...but then theres the fear of blowing my arm out =/....WEAK!