CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-11-2008, 06:16 AM   #1
Daniel Macsay

Profile:  
Mac's Workout Log

For starters, just a little about myself: I started getting interested in Crossfit about a year ago, but have only recently returned to the workouts with increased attention and intensity. I can't say I have many goals physically other than to thrash myself in a structured and unconventional manner, but I do have one goal: to run a marathon under 4 hours. The marathon here in Okinawa is run in December in the southern city of Naha. I want to try and incorporate as much crossfit and kettlebell training into a running routine as possible and this journal will serve as a logbook over the next 5 months. As long as the journey is painful and fulfilling, it will be worth it. On a personal aside, I'm a Marine stationed in Okinawa, Japan with my wife and 8 month old son, both who are currently visiting family in the states for another 2 weeks...all the more reason to work out harder, I have more time! I love both of them dearly, though. I'll post again tomorrow after I complete the GHD WOD for Monday. Oh yeah, I also plan to attach a pull-up program that I feel is much more effective than the Recon Ron pull-up routine. Come thrash...

Last edited by Daniel Macsay; 08-11-2008 at 06:21 AM..
Old 12-24-2008, 05:27 AM   #2
Daniel Macsay

Profile:  
Re: Mac's Workout Log

After a long absence, I return to possibly be consistent with my posts:

My time for "Eva" today was 36'52". I had to finish with jumping pull-ups for the last two-sets because of open blisters on my left hand. That is a brutal workout and I did use a 2-pood kettlebell. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2008, 05:37 AM   #3
Daniel Macsay

Profile:  
Re: Mac's Workout Log

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to complete the Naha marathon. Can't say I really have a good reason minus a 3-month stint aboard the USS Essex, regardless I plan to train Crossfit and hope to search for a marathon once I return to Camp Lejeune in a few weeks. I could use any recommendations for a good running program to supplement the Crossfit workouts...