CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #371
Allison Bishop

Profile:
Re: AllisonNYC

Karen: Yeah I guess that's how it is. 95 for Nasty Girls.

I've decided I'm going to stick with 95 for the workouts I've been using it for. I'll do Grace with 85 just out of curiosity but then keep going heavier.

Jeremy: I wish I could vsit tomorrow! I've never been out of the country. I don't even have a passport! I guess I have to get on it!
Old 02-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #372
Allison Bishop

Profile:

I feel disgusting. Like a SLUG. BLEH.

I haven't worked out since Tuesday besides a few muscle ups on Wednesday and today.

I don't like alcohol. I haven't had a sip of the stuff since September except at a CrossFit Christmas party. I had a few glasses of red wine and champaign over the last few days. I think Vegas is the only place where it's acceptable to drink in the early afternoon. The problem is once the drinking starts it usually doesn't stop until bed. The other problem is bedtime isn't until 4am in Vegas.

I'm going back to my no drinking lame a$$ ways.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #373
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Hope your Vegas trip went well.

Thanks for the tip. My bar dips are actually good. But I have to practice more on ring dips, just because they're tougher.

Hey, you have a new avatar!!! Who is that cute guy?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #374
Allison Bishop

Profile:

Grace: Vegas was pretty good and the guy in the picture is the guy I went with. His name is Chad Waterbury. Only thing is he's a T-Nation guy and I'm a CrossFit girl. I met him at a seminar that he did with Pavel and Alwyn Cosgrove in September. Alwyns was my favorite presentation. He did a lot of combonation lifts and Olympic Lifts.

But I'm still in love with Shad Lierley.

Get on those rings. It's a whole different animal from the bars. Even just practice the support and sitting in the dip.

"Go home - Get 25-30 dips - then come back in here and you will have about 3 dips on my rings." - Coach

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

SO.. After watching todays video of SquatZilla I've decided my new focus is going to be the OHS.

AND getting my weight down. I know I'm not "fat" like someone said the day my second video was on the site. BUT for a CrossFitting woman I could probably stand to lose about 10 pounds if I ever plan on performing on the same level or even close to the Girls. I've always been kind of "Thick". I'm leaner than I've ever been in my life because of CrossFit but at this point I think the only thing that's going to change my body is an extreme change in my diet.

It's not about looks. I'm totally comfortable in my own skin... it's about performance. I want so badly to be the best I can be. I need to get the eating in check again. I was on the ZONE hardcore for about a month. It was awesome. I noticed changes in my energy almost right off the bat. I've ALWAYS been a BIG eater. I'm just hungry all the time but when I was doing the ZONE I was eating less but felt satisfied. Strange right?

The only reason I fell off was because there were only a few foods I was eating and I got really sick of them. I started eating those ZONE candy bars. I need to get more creative.. Learning how to cook wouldn't hurt either. I don't think I could even cook an egg.

Nicole, Annie, EVa, Jolie and Jelli are all tiny little things. I think most of them are a tiny bit taller (except Annie who's 5'0) but weigh less!
Old 02-25-2008, 08:44 PM   #375
Allison Bishop

Profile:

Press x 1: 75, 80, 85, 88, 90 PR FINALLY I was stuck at 85 and it was making me insane.

Push Press x 3: 90, 95, 100, 105, 110

Push Jerk x 5: 115, 120, 125 PR, 125 x 2, 125 x 1

5# PR in the jerk too. I was stuck at 120 for 1 for a long time. So doing 125 for 5 is cool with me. I was hoping for more. I'm looking forward to doing jerks for singles.

I got my most beautiful easiest muscle up yet tonight. I didn't have to sit in the dip and push hard to get out.. I just popped right up! It was pretty awesome. Then I linked it with a second one but I couldn't lock that one out. I had done about 10 single before that. I'm so happy that I didn't get that crazy headache from straining to get out of the dip. I think the few days of rest helped.

I'm really not happy with my press. It's frustrating me big time. I was stuck at 85 and I finally got to 90 but I feel like I should have at LEAST 10 more pounds on the bar. Every other lift is going up so fast and the press is just not happening. WTF!? I know the gains are a little slower with presses but come on. RRG.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #376
Sam Cannons

Profile:

Awesome work on the muscle ups, maybe you could try GTG with more hand stand work, it did wonders for my press. Just an idea
Old 02-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #377
Allison Bishop

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Cannons View Post
Awesome work on the muscle ups, maybe you could try GTG with more hand stand work, it did wonders for my press. Just an idea

gtg?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:51 PM   #378
Allison Bishop

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Cannons View Post

Nevermind... Greasing the Groove.

I'll do that. Thanks Sam. I'm also going to start pressing more. I felt like I could have done a feww extra pounds. My form felt extra solid.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:00 AM   #379
Sam Cannons

Profile:

Hopefully it will add a few pounds for you, it definately worked wonders for me plus i have much better hand stands and hs pushups now. If your hand stands are terrible like mine once were, just practice up against a wall, 5-6 sets of 30 odd sec ought' to be a starting place, depending were your hand stands are now..

Last edited by Sam Cannons; 02-26-2008 at 12:13 AM..
Old 02-26-2008, 12:41 AM   #380
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Another 15 lbs on your press, and I'm going to have to make you do Fran with 95 lbs. Careful what you wish for...