CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 12-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #11
James Rollo

Profile:
Re: Thumbs down for…

Don't read this post if you have not seen the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Fuller View Post

SPOILERS

Was there really any need to bring in the "God Question" with about 5 minutes left in the movie? It seemed like the only attempts at a deeper underlying meaning were made in the last 5 minutes and completely worthless. I guess Will Smith had a clairvoyant daughter who predicted the chick with the butterfly tattoo would show up.

Did they really need to do the zombies in CG? It was like I was watching The Mummy, and there was really no point for it. Also no explanation of how they had super-human strength for no apparent reason. I know plenty of 200+ pound people, who, if running full speed into the side of an SUV, would barely even rock it, much less flip it over

That was the point of the butterfly thing. Anna had been telling him how God had told her his plan, and that the world was so quiet now that you could hear if you just listened. It was right then that Neville realized that all of what happened was planned and he knew what he was supposed to do.

For the zombies being in CG, yea they had to do it. They tried filming it with 40 Zombie extras, but they had to film in the winter and at night. Most of them only wearing a pair of jeans, it was very difficult to make it look like they were mindless zombies. They didn't run at full speed, and were watching where they were stepping, and shivering a lot.

The biggest twist though, was that Neville's son was actually a girl! Ha, who saw that comming?!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #12
Spencer Provow

Profile:

James I am there with you on that one.... I thought the little kid was a boy as well..... As far as the pull-ups it reminded me of the halloween joe dirt spoof WOD someone posted up where they only went down half way on pullups saying they were only wanting work on their biceps
Old 12-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #13
Erik Lilliedahl

Profile:

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE FILM.

I heard of another cut of the film. The ending was shot at least twice from what I heard. They tested both and found most audiences members responded well to the ending WB eventually released. The "alternate" ending is as follows:

DO NOT READ....you know.

Will the kid and girl are trapped in the secured plexiglass(sp?) room while the zombies are attempting to bust through the glass, there is panic and high stress, the girl looks at the sedated female zombie who is in advanced remission from the virus. The "test patient" has lost most her zombie like traits and looks much more human than in the theatical release. Will wheels the recovering zombie to the glass yelling he can save them all the while the glass is being cracked more and more. Finally the enraged zombies connect the dots and stop the attack just as they break through.
They cure the zombies and Wills character becomes the saviour of the race hence "I Am Legend."

I like the exploding grenade ending personally.

The pull ups weren't great but in reality he probably had to those for two days straight to get the shot. Can't blame him too much as I can only bang out 5 before I have to call for a stunt double.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #14
Travis Hall

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lilliedahl View Post
DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE FILM.

They cure the zombies and Wills character becomes the saviour of the race hence "I Am Legend."
That is completely different then the novella's ending in every conceivable way. I wonder, do the people that make these movies ever read the text’s their based on?

Unfortunately, I think I already know the answer….
Old 12-19-2007, 11:33 PM   #15
Matt Carroll

Profile:

I thought it was okay that the zombie things were never fully explained- their motives and whatnot. Will Smiths character probably didn’t have much understanding himself, and me personally, I like being on the same page…It’s almost like that movie Memento, where you didn’t know what happened before the scene you just saw, because that character didn’t have a clue. That’s how I see it.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #16
Tirzah Harper

Profile:

Yeah, I commented on that too during the movie.

We liked it but proceeded to pick the ***** out of it afterwards.

Seriously.

Ever gone hunting?

Ever eaten an animal that was CHASED DOWN and is full of adrenaline?

There's a very, very good reason why people stalk animals. Realistically, I think he would have set himself up a blind.

And the Infected guys...so many inconsistencies there. Can't use tools BUT they understand leverage? Riiiight.