CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 11-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
Michael Glover

Profile:
Alaskan Crossfitter Update

It's embarrassing to see that Alaska is one of the few states in our great nation without a crossfit affiliate. I live in Palmer/Wasilla, about forty-five minutes away from Anchorage depending on the traffic, and am interested in getting a little community started. I am currently injured and so have limitations, but I am ready to go. Let me ask; is anyone in Alaska passionate about crossfit?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #2
Christian Black

Profile:
Re: Alaskan Crossfitter Update

Michael,
the answer is yes! I just got mack from the Certification in Santa Cruz. It was awesome. I've applied for an affiliate and been approved. I just don't know how to best use an affiliate in Homer. I have three other buddies at the Fire Department that are pretty faithful Crossfiters, but I don't feel that that is enough interest to start an affiliate. Maybe I'm wrong. Down in Homer we just don't seem to have the population. You on the other hand in the valley should be able to gather the troops so to speak. I'm open to anything that bolsters crossfit in Alaska. We can always have the community of Alaskan Crossfit online with occasionally getting together in person. Drop me an email and we can collaborate. blackak@gmail.com
Old 11-12-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
Michael Glover

Profile:

I am jealous of you bro. I have been wanting to attend a certification seminar pretty bad, just haven't had the means or time. '
I really think that you could begin working an affiliate in Homer. Starting with a core of four, you could then maybe contact the wrestling coach and football coaches in Homer to let them know what you have to offer and go from there.
At this point, I am going to start slow, my form isn't the best, and olympic style lifts are something I really need help with. For now I am going to start with what I have, maybe include friends and just see what happens. I have been combining Crossfit with ideas that rosstraining presents with good results because of the lack of equipment in Alaska. How do you guys work around the lack of equipment?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
Michael Glover

Profile:

Sorry Christian, I am at glovermik@aol.com