CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-07-2004, 07:28 AM   #1
Donald Woodson

Profile:

I know this is way off topic, but I know a lot of police officers frequent this board, and I can't get ahold of an attorney yet.
If no one wants to answer this question, I would understand and a moderator can throw this in Pukie's bucket, which I would also understand.
My wonderful wife went and got herself a DUI Friday night while I was out of town visiting my folks.
My question is: Is it standard police procedure to transport a drunk to another jurisdiction to book her, then allow her to post her own bond while she's still drunk, then tell her to walk back home, aprx 20 miles along a rural highway in meth head central? Her bond took all of her remaining money, she could not pay for a cab, and she had no one to call, and she told them that. They just told her, "it's a long walk". So she staggered from the police station down the wrong highway at 0330 hrs and got lost. She wasn't even heading in the right direction. She ended up calling 911, whereupon the police finally gave her a ride back home. Somehow, I don't understand the logic where they called a tow truck for her car, but they couldn't call a cab for her? Seems like all they wanted was her money. Public safety obviously had nothing to do with it.
And yes, I had a fabulous weekend.:angry:
Old 09-10-2004, 11:43 AM   #2
Donald Woodson

Profile:

I didn't figure anybody would want to touch that one.
Anyway it turns out that the local law/policy allows anyone to post their own bond if they look sober. (???). I'd like to see that revised.
I'm just glad nobody got hurt and have thanked the arresting officer for possibly saving her or someone else's life. She's never done anything like this before (and she better not ever again). I'm thinking about obtaining a copy of her lovely arrest photo and hanging it in the garage in front of her car as a daily reminder.
Since I'm the sole bread winner I'll be the one paying for it, but I guess that's just one of life's nasty breaks. (Coulda been a LOT worse)
I still wish they would have called a cab for her.