CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 11-16-2004, 07:22 AM   #21
Dale S. Jansen

Profile:
A former Marine dropped the name to me. Now hooked.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:43 AM   #22
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
I found Crossfit almost three years ago while doing a search for Olympic lifting technique. That one search led to me to Crossfit and Dan John's site (talk about your double find!). Fortunately for me, the message board was still in its early days and I was able to commit to reading every single post. Learned more about health and fitness in those few days than I had during my whole life.

Ryan
Old 11-16-2004, 03:33 PM   #23
Pat Janes

Profile:

I honestly don't remember when/how I first found CrossFit. It was probably from other forums like dragondoor or mma.tv or something around the beginning of the year.

It was a good 6/7 months before I actually started doing the WOD at the beginning of July. Toyed with a bunch of other ideas, before realising that the WOD was what I was really looking for.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:00 AM   #24
Andrew Gray

Profile:
I was looking for a training program to give to guys on my rugby team when my coach asked me to look into CrossFit after being told about it by former team-mate Aaron Latzky. While I had never actually done much consistent weight training before I had been surounded by some other pretty good programs and had taken olympic lifting classes. I considered myself pretty knowledgable about fitness and when I read the trial issue it just made perfect sense to me. Everything about it made perfect sense and even the general philosophy behind it really clicked with my perceptions on fitness.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:03 PM   #25
Jon Pappas

Profile:
A BJJ guy broke my collar bone. I asked what kind of conditioning program he uses - "CrossFit."
Old 11-19-2004, 05:11 PM   #26
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
on a martial arts forum website (bullshido.com) I remember seeing one of the poster's quotes

"Crossfit, it's like cheating" or something like that. It had gotten my interest peaked.

I also went to Modern Combatives in Berkely to meet up with some people from that website and do some fighting. Alan Pagle was such a cool guy (one of the reasons why I went to the little 'event'). There someone had on a Crossfit shirt.

It is all down hill from there. Funny thing is I don't have time to go that other website, only time for CF now!
Old 11-19-2004, 06:37 PM   #27
David Wood

Profile:

I was hanging around on the Dragon Door website and training a lot with Pavel's Power to the People program. I had made good progress, but was kind of stalled out, and getting dissatisfied with the low signal-to-noise ratio on the DD discussion site.

Someone (I'm pretty sure it was Tyler Hass) posted something like: "Hey, check out this CrossFit stuff" and the link, and that was all it took to move me over. I don't think I've looked back very often.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:47 PM   #28
Jeff Martin

Profile:
A lot of good comments here. I came to CrossFit because I was not satisfied with working so hard just to maintain every year I wanted to get better. CrossFit makes that happen.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:33 AM   #29
Ross Burke

Profile:
I met this feller named Greg, a little over 20 years ago now, and been tryin' to keep up ever since!
Old 11-20-2004, 11:54 AM   #30
Mike Minium

Profile:
Robb Wolf posted a link to CrossFit quite a few times on an email list I read. I finally, if for no other reason than to dismiss it, decided to follow the link. I've been here ever since.

I think I read all of the materials available during my first visit to the site and registered for the message board on my second visit to the site. I knew I'd found something special.

Thanks, Robb!

Mike