CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #11
Ari Sherwood

Profile:
Re: Shoe Recommendation for Metcons/Running

I'm between a 10 and a 10.5 (left foot is more the 10.5 and right foot is closer to 10) and the 10.5 Inov-8's (in the wider toebox shoes like the 252, 255, etc.) fit me great. The 195's that I tried felt a little snug in the toebox.

My MX20's were size 11.

I tried the Nano 3.0's but didn't like them. 10.5's were too big and the 10's were too small. They were also too heavy for my taste.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:44 PM   #12
Clint Harris

Profile:

Used to use the original NB M10's. Had gone through multiple pairs. Now use the Merrel Barefoot Run Trail Glove 2 (More comfort or shoe-like than the originals, and better underfoot than the M10s - none of those gaps).
I like them very much - especially since they were on sale at REI for $60.

I wear them for everything even heavy squats (but do prefer the squat shoes for stability).
I don't know that I'd go for a 3 mile run in them on the road, but definitely trail and/or shorter distances.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #13
Brian Sadowski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holcombe View Post
How is the sizing on those? Did you get the same size in Nanos as you did INOV-8?
I am a 12 in both the Nano 3.0 and the INOV-8 262. The 262 and I am pretty sure any Inov-8 with the number ending in 2 for example 232 262 have wider toe boxes so sizing was not an issue and I do have wide feet. The 262 is a more flexible shoe and a little bit lighter. However I still like my Nano 3.0 for WODs that include a lot of over head work or pulling. I switch back and forth but tonights workout includes running and some light weight pulling so I will be wearing the 262s. FWIW I had the Nano Speeds and thought they sucked so I took them back.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:29 AM   #14
Chris Jones

Profile:

i love my nano u-forms and 2.0s, but running in them hurt my knees/shins. I have some inov-8 195s but i feel like the heel cup on them isnt as high as i like so i feel like they slip while running in them. I tried the Nano 3s and have loved them for everything so far. I really didnt think theyd be my favorite, but they do feel much more comfortable and supportive when i run in them.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #15
John Holcombe

Profile:

Update - yesterday I went on my lunch break to a local running store that just opened up because their website said they carried the Inov-8 brand. It turns out they only had 1 type of Inov-8 shoe... the F-195 in black and white. I liked them a lot. Bought it for $120 but they gave me 20% off so it was $103 with tax. Also I have 30 days to return them if I feel like it but I worked out in them last night and it's all good so far.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:23 AM   #16
Jon Campbell

Profile:

I have a pair of Inov 8 F195's and love them. My only complaint is they didn't hold up very well. I can still wear them but have had to super glue the end of the heal back on where in comes up on the toe. They still work fine though. If you didn't get a pair with the rope tec (what ever it is called) then don't do rope climbs in them, the rope will eat the sole up. I also have a pair of Nano 2.0 and I like my F195's much better. They feel lighter and seem to fit my foot better. I wouldn't run more then a mile or 2 in either pair but for shorter runs the Inov's are hands down better, for me.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #17
John Holcombe

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Campbell View Post
I have a pair of Inov 8 F195's and love them. My only complaint is they didn't hold up very well. I can still wear them but have had to super glue the end of the heal back on where in comes up on the toe. They still work fine though. If you didn't get a pair with the rope tec (what ever it is called) then don't do rope climbs in them, the rope will eat the sole up. I also have a pair of Nano 2.0 and I like my F195's much better. They feel lighter and seem to fit my foot better. I wouldn't run more then a mile or 2 in either pair but for shorter runs the Inov's are hands down better, for me.
They have the thing on there for rope climbs. I don't do rope climbs that often anyway.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:37 AM   #18
Josh Groves

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holcombe View Post
Update - yesterday I went on my lunch break to a local running store that just opened up because their website said they carried the Inov-8 brand. It turns out they only had 1 type of Inov-8 shoe... the F-195 in black and white. I liked them a lot. Bought it for $120 but they gave me 20% off so it was $103 with tax. Also I have 30 days to return them if I feel like it but I worked out in them last night and it's all good so far.
If you find the toe box to be a bit narrow, give the F-lite 252's a go next time around. I haven't had a pair of 195's but I have had the 230's and I loved everythign bout them except the toe box is narrow and my big toe would start to slip over the side when squatting with loads in metcons, well and they got destroyed after 1 or 2 rope climb work outs. But this was before Innov-8 had the RopeTec added.

I have Nano 3.0's and almost never wear them anymore, they're uncomfortable for running anything slower than a around 6 minute mile pace and I don't like how hard the heel is in them, I found the 2.0's to be much more comfortable. Regarding the Nano Speeds, they're basically a ripoff of the Innov8 195's that you bought; so very similar.

I currently am using Nike Free 5.0 Trainers a lot and I like them actually (I know, not minimalist, gasp!) but they definitely don't like push ups/burpees/TGU's or anythign else where the toe hits horse stall mats and get scraped up very easily. They're definitely designed more for agility work on turf and field.