CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
Andrew Bell
Member Andrew Bell is offline
 
Andrew Bell's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston  TX
Posts: 4,021
Indoor Grill?

Anyone have one or use one to cook on often? Looking for something to do steaks and chicken on, maybe some fish every once in a while. Apartment doesn't have an outdoor area, so I need something that I can use inside my kitchen.

So far I have found the following, but very little info is available on all this:
Kenyon
Dimplex
Hamilton Beach

If I could cook something just 3 nights a week instead of picking up something on the way home it would help out a TON!!!
__________________
| Log (wfs) |
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
Jeff Enge
Banned Jeff Enge is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Collinsville  IL
Posts: 5,542
Re: Indoor Grill?

Would a grill pan for the stove be an option?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
Mike Doehla
Affiliate Mike Doehla is offline
 
Mike Doehla's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Newburgh  NY
Posts: 744
Re: Indoor Grill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Would a grill pan for the stove be an option?
These are pretty good. Not as much surface area and a pain to clean but they're better than nothing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
Andrew Bell
Member Andrew Bell is offline
 
Andrew Bell's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston  TX
Posts: 4,021
Re: Indoor Grill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Would a grill pan for the stove be an option?
It may have to be. Just a cast iron skillet is starting to sound like the way that it may have to be. Not that easy to cook chicken on it though.....
__________________
| Log (wfs) |
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
Luke Sirakos
Member Luke Sirakos is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dallas  TX
Posts: 859
Re: Indoor Grill?

I used to have the Big George model of the George Foreman grill series and that thing was awesome. It has a stand and a lid like a Weber but it is electric and there are no issues using it indoors. The lid allows for everything to stay around the meat or whatever while it is cooking so it gives more of a grill like flavor over anything else I have used. Super easy to clean and you can cook a lot of food on it, it gets really hot for searing steaks as well.

I don't even know if they make it anymore, I got rid of mine when I got a house and use a gas grill but it was fantastic while I had it.
__________________
Deadlift: 475 | Back Squat: 405 | Front Squat: 320
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #6
Gretchen Ross
Member Gretchen Ross is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Fayetteville  NC
Posts: 15
Re: Indoor Grill?

Amazon delivered this one to my door yesterday; I'lll let you know how it works out! There is also a smaller and cheaper version if you aren't cooking for 5 people.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-GR-1...inart+griddler (WFS)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
Andrew Bell
Member Andrew Bell is offline
 
Andrew Bell's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston  TX
Posts: 4,021
Re: Indoor Grill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Sirakos View Post
I used to have the Big George model of the George Foreman grill series and that thing was awesome. It has a stand and a lid like a Weber but it is electric and there are no issues using it indoors. The lid allows for everything to stay around the meat or whatever while it is cooking so it gives more of a grill like flavor over anything else I have used. Super easy to clean and you can cook a lot of food on it, it gets really hot for searing steaks as well.

I don't even know if they make it anymore, I got rid of mine when I got a house and use a gas grill but it was fantastic while I had it.
I will take a look at this one also, but I always considered the Foreman grills kind of..... "janky" if that makes sense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen Ross View Post
Amazon delivered this one to my door yesterday; I'lll let you know how it works out! There is also a smaller and cheaper version if you aren't cooking for 5 people.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-GR-1...inart+griddler (WFS)
Funny, my mom bought my that exact one about 5 years ago for Christmas and at the time didn't need an indoor grill so I had her return it. Funny how time changes everything.
__________________
| Log (wfs) |
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
Luke Sirakos
Member Luke Sirakos is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dallas  TX
Posts: 859
Re: Indoor Grill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
I will take a look at this one also, but I always considered the Foreman grills kind of..... "janky" if that makes sense.
I can understand that but this thing is far from a typical Foreman grill, it survived several moves during my college days along with spending a year in a fraternity house where things were hardly taken care of. Never had one issue with it.

Here is a link to the one I used (WFS)

http://www.amazon.com/George-Foreman...+foreman+grill
__________________
Deadlift: 475 | Back Squat: 405 | Front Squat: 320

Last edited by Luke Sirakos; 12-03-2013 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: added link
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
Joseph Regan
Member Joseph Regan is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cyrpess  TX
Posts: 151
Re: Indoor Grill?

I have had a George Forman grill for about 6 or 8 years and its still going strong. I was once like you that thought it was just marketing but this thing is amazing, cooks anything you put on it and works great. Love mine. Get the big one that has the thermostat built in. Mine just has the "on" button and sometimes i have to turn it off and on to cook something throughout. BUt these are great grills.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grill master thread BMH Nutrition 30 10-09-2013 03:21 AM
Primal Grill Rob Fulton Nutrition 1 08-23-2010 08:00 AM
George Foreman Grill Ricky Hall Nutrition 13 06-03-2009 05:55 AM
Tuning up the grill Jay Cohen Nutrition 11 03-17-2009 07:34 AM
Beef without a grill? Jill Kroos Nutrition 32 02-04-2009 02:33 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:38 PM.


CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.