CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #41
Paulo Santos

Profile:
Re: Renegade Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post
The file I have has like 6 different sections. Fat loss, maintain and muscle gain for people at 10% or below bf and then again for 10-15

I was going off of the fat loss for people 10-15 section.
Just use the new one. It is much easier to use.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #42
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

Don't mean to split hairs, but chewing gum during the fasting period isn't anything to worry about, right?
Old 06-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #43
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post
Don't mean to split hairs, but chewing gum during the fasting period isn't anything to worry about, right?
Just get the lowest carb one. I think Orbit is good and Trident.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #44
Paulo Santos

Profile:

For anyone that has downloaded the calculator, I have revised it a while ago and made it much easier. So far it has been working great for me. I feel better and a little leaner.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing (WFS)
Old 06-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #45
Michael Dries

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Santos View Post
For anyone that has downloaded the calculator, I have revised it a while ago and made it much easier. So far it has been working great for me. I feel better and a little leaner.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing (WFS)
I started using your version of the calculator this week on Sunday. I think it might be little skinny on the calories though. I started the week at 171 and entered 175 as my target weight. I've been hitting macro's and calories perfectly and I'm down to 167 this morning. I'm notably leaner too. I built my own but you beat me too it before I was happy with it (it was far too complicated on the programming side). I like your +15 -15 calorie cycling though.

Strength wise I'm feeling good though, I even decreased my coffee intake. There's definitely something to coconut oil in a little caffeine before a workout though.

I'm planning on sticking to the rescription through the rest of this wendler cycle (just started a new one this week). And we'll see where I'm at. If I drop too much weight or strength I'll change the multiplier to 16 until I start gaining weight again.

BTW Wendler's BBB challenge is no joke. The 3rd month is 5x10 @ 70%, holy crap.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #46
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Dries View Post
I started using your version of the calculator this week on Sunday. I think it might be little skinny on the calories though. I started the week at 171 and entered 175 as my target weight. I've been hitting macro's and calories perfectly and I'm down to 167 this morning. I'm notably leaner too. I built my own but you beat me too it before I was happy with it (it was far too complicated on the programming side). I like your +15 -15 calorie cycling though.

Strength wise I'm feeling good though, I even decreased my coffee intake. There's definitely something to coconut oil in a little caffeine before a workout though.

I'm planning on sticking to the rescription through the rest of this wendler cycle (just started a new one this week). And we'll see where I'm at. If I drop too much weight or strength I'll change the multiplier to 16 until I start gaining weight again.

BTW Wendler's BBB challenge is no joke. The 3rd month is 5x10 @ 70%, holy crap.
Good to hear. I set the weight to 170 and I'm eating 2700 calories on my training days and 2000 on my rest days. I wanna do it for another week or two before I change anything. I also started the BBB so I can put on some size. I don't know if I'm going to keep the BBB at 50% the whole time or if I'll change it like on the challenge. 5x10@ 70% doesn't sound fun.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #47
Paulo Santos

Profile:

The Magic Bullet Blender finally came in today and I got to try some bulletproof coffee. It was pretty good.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #48
Michael Dries

Profile:

Funny you mention that. I got a POS personal blender from Hamilton Beach, don't buy it, the cap leaks when you blend anything in it. It's going back to amazon, thanks Prime!

I'd get the magic bullet but it has far too many pieces. I'm not one for clutter in the house.

Back to the Wendler talk, I just finished my first week of the 70% cycle. Dear god....

My numbers aren't huge by any means, but 5x10 is a lot and you get tired real quick.

Press 95 <-- by far the hardest. had to rerack for reps 7,8,9, 10 on the back sets.
Bench 135 <-- second hardest. similar to press but not as bad.
Dead 225 <-- not a problem here, even did them all with 90s of rest.
Squat 190 <--- brutal, just brutal. I did them all without the belt but quickly upped my recovery time to 2 then 3 minutes for the final set. The final 4 reps were basically singles without reracking the weight.

I can make it though the rest of the month but 70% is far too much for longer term programming. I for-see having to drag myself across the last week of the cycle.

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do at the end of the cycle, it'll be the "end" of the BBB 3 month "challenge." 60% was just a bit on the side of easy but 70% is too heavy, I'm failing on the pressing movements. Perhaps, I'll back it to 65% and just run that for another 3 months.

Hence why I feel like 2700 calories on training days is a bit skinny. I wanted to hit the Chinese buffet tonight but restrained myself.

Last edited by Michael Dries : 06-21-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:38 AM   #49
Nadav Moore

Profile:

got some Q's i didnt read the whole topic. (only the main thing)
im waking up at 7:00 am is it ok to drink protein shake of 10 grams of protein with 3pills of omega3 (he said we should drink a lil amount of protein to prevent muscle lost) is it ok or should i fast completly?!
my workout is usualy at 7-8 pm and im going to bed at 11-12 pm wich mean i have only one or two meals b4 i go to bed so how can i max' this diet with those hours?!

my main perpuse is to lose a lil bit of fat (im now at 12% b/f wanna go to 9-10) and than go back to muscle gain.

hope u can correct my mistakes and unswer my q's . thanks alot!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:12 AM   #50
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadav Moore View Post
got some Q's i didnt read the whole topic. (only the main thing)
im waking up at 7:00 am is it ok to drink protein shake of 10 grams of protein with 3pills of omega3 (he said we should drink a lil amount of protein to prevent muscle lost) is it ok or should i fast completly?!
my workout is usualy at 7-8 pm and im going to bed at 11-12 pm wich mean i have only one or two meals b4 i go to bed so how can i max' this diet with those hours?!

my main perpuse is to lose a lil bit of fat (im now at 12% b/f wanna go to 9-10) and than go back to muscle gain.

hope u can correct my mistakes and unswer my q's . thanks alot!
Nothing in the morning unless you workout. You won't loose muscle until you fast past 18 hours, so 14-16 fast is fine. Fast for 14-16 hours after your last meal at night. So if you finish eating at 10pm, wait 14-16 hours before you start eating. If you get real hungry, check out the bulletproof coffee.