View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #7
Andy Petranek

Profile:
Re: Fear, Doubt, Ego...

Hey Tish,

I was right there with you when I opened 4 years ago. And at each juncture that involved taking a new risk, I've gone through the same mental torment. I don't think there is any way to avoid it (well, if there is, I sure don't know how!) and maybe it is a good thing - your natural instincts telling you to "proceed with caution - danger ahead". I find that it's similar to how I feel just before I start a workout... a micro version of the same angst, fear, trepidation, etc.

Regarding your comment "if we build it, they will come"... I used to believe this... in fact, it's exactlyhow I ran my business for the first 2 years - and I grew from about 12 clients to 45 or so, but was working like a dog (15 hour days) and was miserable. Two years ago I completely restructured my business systems (lots of fear, questions, angst, etc), and it really paid off (now we're at 240 students!) My business consultant/partner, John Burch, and I, are teaching our system to affiliates that sign up for our 2-day Business seminar December 11-12. If you're interested or want more details, send me or john an email (andy@crossfitla.com, john@crossfitla.biz).

Good luck, and hope to see you / meet you soon!

Andy