View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #24
Chris Kemp

Profile:
Re: CFSB - Ask your questions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Haywood View Post
Kempie, thanks for taking the time to answer questions. And thanks to Jeff and everyone else who developed this program. It fills a need.

A few questions:

1. How do you think the following pattern would work as a basic approach to adapting CFSB to the main site CF WOD cycle?

Day 1 - Metcon
Day 2 - Squat and half metcon
Day 3 - Deadlift and half metcon
Day 4 - rest
Day 1 - Metcon
Day 2 - Front Squat and half metcon
Day 3 - Deadlift and half metcon
Day 4 - rest

2. When the WOD is a metcon with a lifting component similar to the ME/HR movement, could we do the full WOD in lieu of the high rep set and short metcon? For instance, if the WOD is Mr Joshua (5 rounds with deadlift 15x250), could we do that in place of the high rep deadlifts and the short metcon on the deadlift day?

3. Is there a reason to avoid air squats immediately after the squat and front squat days, to improve recovery? Or will 300 air squats not affect recovery from a ME squat day?

4. Any other tips on selecting metcon components on days after ME days?
Ed, I'm guessing that you meant press on your second day 3 rather than repeating deads? ... If so, then yes, that would work very well I reckon so long as you have access to a gym on a 7 day basis. Nice thing about the fixed weekly plan is that you can schedule your lifts easily.

I would agree with your Mr Joshua example except that I'd still be tempted to cut it down to 3 rounds. That's just me though and if you don't mind a workout or two possibly suffering a little then the full thing wouldn't be a disaster.

The air squats is a similar thing. If you want to, try it. If it leaves too big a mark don't do it so much. If you get away with it then no problem.

Generally if I'm beat up after the heavy then I'll pick something light and snappy - mini Angie, mini Cindy, 5 rounds Nate, 5 rounds easy Mary.

After deads I like something with some oly work in it. Grace, Beth and their heavy variants, Isabelle, Nasty Girls or something moderately heavy and something gymnastic with 3-5 rounds of between 5 and 10 reps each

After squats Fran, Nancy, Josh (?OHS and Pull ups) and Karen have all worked well. Picking a similar movement pattern with lighter weight seems to make the metcon feel really light.

Other than that rowing or running sprints and heavy stuff is always special.

Cheers, kempie