View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #23
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:
Re: CFSB - Ask your questions here!

Yes, ME and high rep. I do not disparage the bench, nor do I worship at it's alter.

I think I may switch the bench and deadlift days. That moves the deadlift away from the back squat and the bench away from the press.

CFSB Creators,

Is there a reason the back squat and deadlift are so close to each other? On first glance, this didn't seem like such a good idea, but I've not seen the gains you have, so I was wondering what your thinking on this was.

Also, someone asked earlier about Power Cleans. I remember Rip suggesting using Power Cleans to warm up your deadlift. You would work up to a pr or close to a pr on PCs and then raise the weight and begin to deadlift. I have not tried, so I can speak to it, but it seems like a good idea, I'm just not sure how it would affect recovery on this program.

Also, Instead of just press, you could try Clean and Press. It is the measure of a man.

Ed,

I would think that 2 deadlift days a week would be too much for an intermediate. I know they beat the hell out of me. Maybe back squat and RDL's, or O-lifting and RDL's or good mornings?

Last edited by Jamie J. Skibicki : 02-12-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Just saw ed's question