Thread: Vegan Paleo
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #143
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: Vegan Paleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey White View Post
Coconut fat is MCT's and are available as quickly as most carbs.

There are no cultures that do well on "grain-based" diets. You are welcomed to post a link that proves otherwise. But I haven't found one.

And your comments on insulin really are surprising and strike as someone who has never read anything whatsoever about insulin.

BTW, the reason you "don't do well" on low-carb is because you are addicted to carbs from elevated seratonin levels in your brain. It's withdrawl, same stuff you'd go through with abstaining from caffeine.
Rice is a staple of the Okinawan and Japanese cultures, among the longest lived in the world. Corn is a staple of the extremely long-lived Abkhazi culture. Wheat is very important in the Mediterranean diet.

I've actually read a fair amount about insulin, and have several diabetic friends. That's why I'm surprised by the degree to which it is demonized around here.

I'm amazed by your ability to conclude that I am addicted to carbs based on a single comment about my personal experience, without any additional information about my training or what diets I have and have not tried.

Katherine