Thread: Camille L.
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
Ryan Scott

Profile:
Re: Camille L.

I agree with Summer,

Pretty silly statement by Mark. Maybe Mark has never pushed himself to the point of exhaustion, where emotions are right on the edge. If he had he would know that a lot of girls and guys break over things much less. I think it was very sad to see and hopefully it does raise some of the same question for CF HQ that people are talking about here so that it doesn't happen again.

Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Evert View Post
Ouch. I probably would have cried, too, but to blame it on lack of athletic discipline and an overreaction is a little....harsh. Jesus, with all that intense energy and required focus combined with pushing oneself to the max in a very extreme workout for days in a row to have something so preventable like a timed out rower happen? I'd probably lose it a little, too. I didn't see it, but shedding some tears and maybe yelling a few cuss words doesn't sound like overreacting, more like a legit level of frayed emotions. I mean, she didn't train as hard as she did to get the Games and push herself insanely hard over each WOD to have that happen. To call it frustrating would likely be an understatement.