View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
Calvin Johnson

Profile:
Hitting it hard -- Diet & Training Log

I am 26 years old, 5'10", 205 lbs. I will be joining my local CrossFit tomorrow. I am not new to working out, but I have not been nearly as consistent as I would like to be since starting graduate school 3 years ago. I weighed 185lbs when I started graduate school and that is my goal now. As recently as January I was running 6 miles every other day but have not done anything physical since the end of January because of my demanding schedule (85-100 hrs/week for the last 3 months). My schedule eases up for the next 8 weeks and I would like to take full advantage, learn the CrossFit methods/principles, and hopefully transform my body.

I will be starting a paleo style diet tomorrow as well, although I am not too worried about being a cave man. I will still have a whey protein shake or two and whatnot, but 99.9% of the time will be a clean diet. My macro split goal is roughly 40% prot / 40% fat / 20% carbs. Looking back on my past weight loss attempts, my greatest success at losing weight and keeping it off has been going ~20% carbs and 40/40 on the p/f. So that's what I'll do now.

I will post my workouts, and will make every effort to record diet.