View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #23
Steven Novick

Profile:
Re: Write this name on your hand

Robert,

Congratulations both on being a cancer survivor and on using your experience to help others! You are an inspiration to me.

My son Joseph is also a cancer survivor. He was diagnosed at age 1 with myelodysplastic syndrome (similar to acute myelogenous leukemia), and underwent several months of chemotherapy in 2006 and 2007. Now by all objective measures he is cured, we believe prayer played a part in that.

This season Joseph was named the "Honored Teammate" by the Clear Lake Team in Training (Leukemia & Lymphoma Society fundraising organization,
www.teamintraining.org , www.lls.org both wfs). We participate in their fundraisers, and I do the marathon training runs with them in my "Joseph" jersey with my son's photo(attached pic), to encourage the athletes who have dedicated themselves to helping others. I've been wondering if it would be possible to arrange a CF fundraiser as an alternative to the endurance events, just a thought...

Thanks for the positive thread! I will also have those mentioned here in my thoughts and prayers in my next workout.

Steven
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN08230221.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	2046