View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #11
Philip Crosby

Profile:
Re: Motivational Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Vechet View Post
I quit caring about crap like that when I read Sgt. 1st class Petry's citation.

He was awarded the Medal of Honor, as some of you may know. I'm not going to belittle his actions, but one of my squad leaders did, pretty much, the exact same thing in Iraq and was awarded the Silver Star. Cpl. Alvarez

Again, I'm not belittling anyone's actions, but when two individuals perform near identical actions and receive different commendations, something isn't right. I could get more into this, but it'll end up being too political, and that's a no-no here.
Not political brother, its facts. Marines always get lower awards than the Army. I'm not speaking bad about the Army, so no one that is in the Army take offense. I believe a lot of Marines are cheated out of awards they deserve because men that have never chewed dirt in Afghanistan or Iraq are making the decision of whether they deserve things or not. There is not a General officer serving now that has been a platoon commander or company commander in the War on Terror. Actually, I don't believe there is even a Colonel serving that has done that. Therefore, they have no idea what it is like and repeatedly shoot down awards for deserving Marines due to ignorance and a antiquated thought process that we should have harder standards than the other services. Harder standards should apply to training and fighting, not the award that we deserve from it. Bet you my brand new Olympic weight set if you asked one of those officers to give up his Bronze Star with V from his "hard" deployment sitting on Al Asad or Camp Leatherneck, eating hot food, sleeping in A/C single man quarters, and making the occasional flight to a patrol base those standards would go out the window though. Don't get me started on FOBBITS............

Last edited by Philip Crosby : 09-20-2011 at 02:37 PM.