View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 05:32 PM   #3
Clifton E. Volatile

Profile:  
I'm 17 I'm 6'1" 165 lbs.

Well i maxed out today (no one home to spot me so I had to roll the bar to my abs and pull myself out from under the bar.) I can get 160 one rep. I'm happy with my improvement but I'm still unhappy with my strength. I'm going to keep doing CF and am going to incorporate lifting (benching curling and maybe some sort of butterfly exercise) into the days when those muscle groups arent being punished. I'm also going to do planches and front levers after practice and am going to start rowing every day.

My goal isn't to look like a model or anything, although I do want to be ripped ;) But no, this isn't for aesthetics. I'm doing this so that I can be healthy and fit when I go to college. My brother and I have been teaching ourselves Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and we're about to start learning (first lessons tomorrow) bushinko (something like that), shadoki (something like that), and kickboxing from olympic gold medalist Joe Sabouri. In college in the fall I'm going to take martial arts on campus and when I'm allowed a car my second year i'm going to start taking Jiu Jitsu in the city. I want to start competing next summer.