Thread: WOD Rx Again
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #6
Alex Europa

Profile:
Re: WOD Rx Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Reichert View Post
I guess I was really wondering how someone would ensure they are covering all 10 of the fitness components when programming workouts say over week, month, year or whatever.
Nearly every core movement of CrossFit emphasizes all 10 components to some degree (obviously some more-so than others). That's why they're the core movements. (And this is why you'll never see 21-15-9 Dumbell Curls and Leg Extensions for time). A WOD like the 155-lbs C&J final Games event really slams home every aspect of fitness.

In my mind, as long as someone sticks with the tried and true exercises, they'll have the bases covered. Throw in a couple different rep schemes and time/task priority and ta-da!

But as stated before, I think the real benefit to following the mainsite programming is the stuff that happens behind the scenes; the hormonal stuff that won't just happen by throwing together random WODs everyday.

For the record (and despite Danielle's claims that I know some stuff), I'm pretty much just talking out of my butt.

Dano, Switzerland will never be the same!

- Alex