View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
Joshua Boyd

Profile:
Goals vs Paleo diet vs zone, fat to fit ?'s

So I've been doing crossfit for about 6 weeks.

Background is I've always been pretty strong, hit the gym regulary, lifting, running on treadmill -

I was about 245 about a year+ ago, now im at 200-205; 6'2''

There's some strength loss when it comes weight loss, especially when you try to cut to fast.

I'm still at about 20% bf per my electronic scale. My goal would be to hit 15% and eventually 10-12%; but I don't want to get much "smaller" - rather be about 220lb and 12-15% BF long term.

Right now i still have that rim of fat that won't go away on my gut, that's my main focus right now, but don't know if it should be.

I'm buying into the paleo hype after reading about it. Logically it makes sense, but realistically it seems a lot like anything else. My interpretation thus far is that to be true paleo would be impossible. No pesticides, no hormone fed animals seem pretty far fetched. Plus I think milk is a great PWO recovery drink.

Just wondering what's worked for some of you guys - and if you guys do paleo, are you really doing paleo or you trying your best to do paleo with what works for you -? If you bend it too much do you still see the benifits?