View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #220
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:
Re: My Midlife Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin R. Greene View Post
I had a minor surgical procedure done today. I have to cease and desist from working out through the weekend. Doctor's orders.

I was thinking about my CrossFit goals today. I need to concentrate on doing more metcon workouts and improve my pullups. Those are my weaknesses. I am going to start emphasizing sprint routines, Cindy and burpees. The down side is I will be doing all the workouts I despize. The good news is I should get better at them with practice and training.

My goal is to get to 13 rounds of Cindy by the end of the year. That would be huge and would represent a material increase in my metcon abilities. Until I have large improvements in my metcon workouts and my pullups, decent times in a large number of the benchmark workouts will be unobtainable.
Ben,

You are doing a great job and progressing so rapidly. I'll venture to say that with the hard work you've been putting in (too much hard work, sometimes!), you'll have better than 13 rounds of Cindy by the end of the year. Rather than just concentrate on metcons like Cindy, consider all of them - - even the weight-bearing ones (with barbells/dumbells/Kbs). Scaling the weights back so you can push for shorter times will really up the oxygen intake/debt and force you into anaerobic threshold just as much as pushing heavy stuff around, but you'll accomplish more work and you'll be able to get through (completely) the workout.

I admire how hard you are able to concentrate and push yourself when you work out alone - - very few people have that ability.

Rest up, heal up, and take care! Blessings!

Steve