View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 10:34 AM   #1
Carrie Beauchamp

Profile:  
I will try to keep this short and to the point. I have been following CrossFit for 3 months and the Zone for 2 months. I have seen great results in performance and in body composition but I have a couple of questions that I have not been able to figure out regarding nutrition and ideal bodyweight for the past month.

Do I need to eat more blocks a day or stay the same?
and
Is a goal weight of 120 lbs. realistic?

Currently I am following an 11 block plan. I break it up into 3-3-2-3. After 4 days of feeling good and staying in the zone with no cravings and feeling satisfied I become extremely hungry and obsessed with nuts and peanut butter. I am actually finding myself consuming a jar of PNB with in 24 hours when I have these feelings. Each week I tell myself that I am not going to do that again and I get back into the zone. Then 4-5 days later with weight down to 127 I find that I have an uncontrollable urge to eat nuts like crazy and I my body will not quit obsessing about it until my body weight goes back to 130 lbs.

My current exercise routine/lifestyle is:
Run 10 – 15 miles / week (3 runs – intervals, long and slow, short and moderate)
Bike 20 – 30 miles / week (10 mile ride home from work – easy to moderate pace)
Crossfit WOD (modified as needed – Jumping/Assisted Pull-ups, regular push-ups, 65lbs thrusters, 45lb push presses, are some of my modifications)
Job – Teach elementary physical education classes daily in which I actively participate/demonstrate.

My current body measurements are:
Body weight: 131 (this morning after over eating PNB and also cheese and bread for two days, it was 127 Thursday morning after 4 days in the zone) (Starting weight in Jan. was 136ish)
Height: 5’3”
Waist: 28.5
Hips: 36.5
Zone calculator BF%: 24 LBM: 98.7 (I believe this % is a little off. If I were to have my skinfolds measured I feel like I would be 20 – 22 % BF.)

What have I tried?
Eyeballing at first but went to measuring everything. It drives my husband crazy.
Limiting fruit to 1 block a meal if I eat fruit.
2x fat when Protein source is non-fat.
2x fat with all meals but did not lose weight. It stayed at 130. I want to lose weight. (No nut binges recorded that week though.)

Any help in answering these questions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks CrossFitters for everything you have done so far for me. I look forward learning more.