View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #13
Alexander Kornishev
Member Alexander Kornishev is offline
Alexander Kornishev's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Newmarket  Ontario
Posts: 1,617
Re: Controlling your ego and your drive?

Frank, one more thing to consider is even when you are a firebreather you can't constantly go all out all the time. Most coaches will push people hard every day just because they have no idea who was working out few days in a row and who came in fresh. Either learn to pace yourself and ignore your coach if you know that today you should not go 100% or do not come to your affiliate for every training session. Personally I feel that it is difficult to avoid competition with other people and to ignore coaches so I do 75% of my training on my own. And remaining 25% I can afford to go really hard plus it feels much more fun that way.
43/5'9"/180 SP: 195, BS: 425, DL: 500, Clean: 285, Jerk: 265, Snatch: 200, Fran: 2:19
  Reply With Quote