View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Michael Kelley

Profile:
Re: exercising around elbow injury

I have been avoiding my elbow for a month now. I would suggest not holding ANYTHING with that hand. I found that even though I might try something light that did not hurt at the time, the injured area would give me "payback" later in the day. I have been going many of the things you list, but included some one-handed kettlebell swings (on the uninjured side), GHDs, back squats, running (including mileage, sprints, and intervals), split jumps (jump from lunge position and switch feet in mid-air), etc. Before the last 4 weeks, I was trying to do some light stuff that used the injured side as well, but I did not start to recover until I reduced my use of that side to almost zero. No exercise with it (no pushups, burpees, holding myself in position for mountain climbers, nada, nothing), and tried to use the other hand in most daily tasks (opening doors, etc). Now, with the help of a sort of physical therapist, my "golfer's elbow" has almost cleared up. I am looking forward to trying 5 pushups and 1 pullup on Friday to test the waters.