View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 01:29 PM   #1
Michael Ledney

Profile:
Greetings all,

A recent injury has kept me away from the garage (and my computer) for the past 10 days. Once I got tired of laying in bed whacked out on pills I decided to research zone diet. Looks like I'm ready to commit.

I'd always resisted because I consider myself a pretty accomplished cook and I really enjoy my time in the kitchen. Turns out most of the things I make regularly can be easily squeezed into zone ratios with slight modifications. Not a big deal.

Based on the information I was able to pull down from the zoneperfect website I'm supposed to be eating 25 blocks per day in a 5/5/5/4/5/1 fashion. First off that seems like quite a lot of food, but I've searched the message board enough to realize that that is a common complaint among recent converts.

My question is how best to time these meals so that they don't interfere with my workout? The obvious answer is equally; ~3 hours between each, but I have a very tough time working out intensely that close to a big meal.

I want to do a 2.5 hr interval between meals 1-4, workout, then meal 5, ~5 hours after meal 4, then a cup of milk and some nuts before bed. Would that big lag between meals 4 and 5 negate the positive impact I expect from increasing my calories and fat intake by following zone ratios?

Thanks in advance