View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
Jared Einstein

Profile:
Re: Crossfit and Triathlons

Eugene, having read most of your posts, that is definitely what I got out of it. I realize that to be the best that I can be at half/full ironman and marathons, crossfit is not going to be the best thing for me. To be the best I can be at these things requires a lot of LSD, and will ultimately result in loss of strength from this type of training. And as a consequence, I will not be the best that I can be at crossfit with this loss in strength. I was looking more for how you would balance these 2 things out. I would like to continue and train for both, and while I may not end up being the best at either one, I would really like to continue doing both. Maybe that sounds silly, but I really don't want to give up either one at this time. So any suggestions would help.

And lets say that I was going to stick to Sprint or Olympic distance. What would your suggestions be on using crossfit for that? Only crossfit? How much biking or running or swimming would I incorporate with crossfit for optimal performance?