View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 02:30 PM   #302
Justin Leigh

Profile:
Re: My current position on CF WoDs

I now see what he really thinks:
Quote:
Agreed on CF going away from the hypothetical weightlifter/sprinter/gymnast construct, but the goal here is to move a little closer back to it. For some reason they decided that metcon is the crown jewel of fitness which I think is retarded and completely wrong. Maybe the idea of sweating your balls off every day is just a nice way to market a program.
It seems your real problem is that you think somehow crossfit has gotten away from what it used to be, which we've already discussed, and you think there's too much metcon. When I listed the WOD's and the amount of metcon rx'd you didn't seem to think it was excessive. If you aren't happy about the amount of metcon then why not scale it back instead of going to other forums and calling it a "retarded" approach? I've seen so many people have great results with the amount of metcon rx'd that I have a hard time agreeing.

I will admit that from my experience heavy metcon emphasis is better for people with athletic body types or who are naturally overweight(meso/endo) but not as effective for ectomorphs in regards to body comp BUT the strength/power gains still occur regardless of body composition changes. Your CF total is pretty good for your body weight but you still seem unhappy with the results you've gotten. What's really the problem?