View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 05:28 AM   #137
Helen Lawson

Profile:
Re: Helen Wheels

Yesterdays WOD:

10 minute walk
CFWUx1
3/4 mile jog (7.5 minutes - i know, i'm a snail)
29lb Shoulder Press 5-5-5
29lb Push Press 5-5-5
29lb Push Jerk 5-5-5-5
45lb Shoulder Press 1-1-1-1-1
45lb Push Press 3-3-3-3-3
45lb Push Jerk 3-3-3-3-3

Then...a few jumping pull-ups! And they were pretty easy! These were my first real pull-ups of any kind without assistance. I think next i need to learn how to "Kip".

Today my upper traps are quite sore and my lower back slightly fatiqued. I thought that WOD would be easy, but boy was i wrong.

The gym i went to was awesome -- Union College -- they have everything! They have these "Olympic Ultra-lite Barbell" which are 29lbs, Bumper plates, real GHD, etc... They even have olympic plates that are the right size for deadlifting and cleans that are as low as 10lbs! So that means I could practice real cleans (instead of hang cleans) with only 49lbs!

I have a PT client that works at the College (she's approx 24yo & 106lbs) and I'm teaching her the basic weight lifting movements: Cleans, shoulder press, deadlift, pull-ups, bench press, etc... She is so excited! She loved it! I love working with people like her!

It was a great day!